Foilstyle for heavyweights

23 days ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
aeroegnr
aeroegnr
1784 posts
1784 posts
15 Sep 2026 6:43pm
Cornholio said..
Maybe a 2023 FOIL X 145 an option?
A mate (heavyweight) of mine has loads of fun on that.
Dude is nimble like a ballerina on that thing.
And after years of intens use no signs of failing.



The downside of the 145 is that they don't have a center rear strap. I believe the 125 and lower do?
Grantmac
Grantmac
2416 posts
2416 posts
15 Sep 2026 7:49pm
Even the 125L FoilX doesn't have centerline straps. So a bit of a non-starter.
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
15 Sep 2026 10:24pm
Grantmac said..
Thoughts on putting a mast track on a higher volume flat rocker wing board?



What wing boards are you looking at? Mast tracks are easy to install and easy to make strong enough. Ps I am watching this one closely because I only have one board ATM and I would rather buy an inexpensive spare today and take my time building a nice board over the winter. The RRD recommendation is interesting, there are none of the bigger ones in stock on this continent that I can find. Here is my current board and the RRD 200. I bet I could have fun with this; the tracks and mast tracks line up with my current design. The foot strap inserts are intended for use with the Tuttle, so for me I would need to add them if I wanted them, I am going to add them to my set up at some point soon.





Grantmac
Grantmac
2416 posts
2416 posts
16 Sep 2026 3:10am
There is a Wing Craft V2 140L locally I might be able to negotiate down to a reasonable price.
azymuth
azymuth
WA
2213 posts
WA, 2213 posts
16 Sep 2026 5:37am
The wing board I converted a year ago is still in perfect condition - original thread below.
Worth searching for one with obviously robust construction.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling/Converting-a-wing-board?fromPage=3&fromTopic=207977&fromY=1815
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply