I bought a new foil board (Predator 110L), what foil should I go with?

Two weeks ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
IndecentExposur
IndecentExposur
300 posts
300 posts
8 Sep 2026 6:37am
I've been riding a Starboard Foil 177 w/ the original Starboard foil set in various configurations. I was an early adopter to foiling and got really good at it. But, after 7-8 years of it, it was time for something new. I bought a Severne Predator 110L and have been using the Starboard foils (85cm mast, 1100 Wing, 95+ fuse, 255 -2 stab w/ a -1.5 shim). It does well. I'm used to running a 110cm mast on my Foil 177, but hesitate to run such a long mast on the Predator.
My goal is to have a fast reacting, fun, freestyle-ish foil I can do some basic freestyle tricks. I haven't been in the market for a long time. I'm looking at Sab foils along with others.
What are some recommendations?
Will the Starboard foils hold me back? are they still good? (I do have other SB wings, fuses, stabs and a longer mast I can try.)
Mr Keen
Mr Keen
QLD
697 posts
QLD, 697 posts
8 Sep 2026 1:14pm
I am biassed!! Sabfoil with the 93cm fuse would be my choice..Sab has a great range of foils. Quality is better than Starboard in my opinion....

jstone1
jstone1
49 posts
49 posts
8 Sep 2026 11:41am
Yep, with Mr Keen, Sabfoil 909+370 with the 903 fuse. I find the 83 mast to be fine.
John340
John340
QLD
3453 posts
QLD, 3453 posts
8 Sep 2026 6:22pm
The Predator 110 is a good choice of board. I installed twin tracks on mine and use a Slingshot 103 wide mast, 870 fuse, 899 and 999 foils and 340 stab. I like the extra length of mast when riding waves. The Slingshot fuse also works with Sabfoil foils. I've been eyeing off their 808 and 909 foils for some time.
PatK
PatK
326 posts
326 posts
8 Sep 2026 5:05pm
After riding the Severne Alien some years i got a Predi 110. It is great. I love the skateboard feeling. The SAB 799, 909 and 969 are amazing. The 999 needs to remove the straps forward to get it balanced. Missing tracks, also missing a soft deck around the footpads.
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
9 Sep 2026 1:46am
PatK said..
After riding the Severne Alien some years i got a Predi 110. It is great. I love the skateboard feeling. The SAB 799, 909 and 969 are amazing. The 999 needs to remove the straps forward to get it balanced. Missing tracks, also missing a soft deck around the footpads.


I shim my 999s tail 1.5 deg to get it to match the geometry of the 799, 899 & 909
KDog
KDog
388 posts
388 posts
9 Sep 2026 8:41am
Check out KV on YouTube he is foiling in Sweden and is riding the 110 predator with SAB foil. I have been using the 909-370 on a Slingshot fuselage and mast I am finding that it has a huge range and carves really well 👍👍
IndecentExposur
IndecentExposur
300 posts
300 posts
9 Sep 2026 11:41pm
Thank you everyone! Another question: Is the Tuttle box on the Predator small? I had to sand down my SB mast to get it in there. I'm borrowing a Sab foil to try out, and the quick release adaptor is super tight. Thoughts?

yeye2
yeye2
WA
11 posts
WA, 11 posts
10 Sep 2026 4:27pm
Hi there, does the Sabfoil 909 fit easily onto the Slingshot Phantasm 872 fuselage? I wanted to swap out my foil's front wing (PFI 730) to improve performance and, above all, speed.
Mr Keen
Mr Keen
QLD
697 posts
QLD, 697 posts
10 Sep 2026 7:14pm
yeye2 said..
Hi there, does the Sabfoil 909 fit easily onto the Slingshot Phantasm 872 fuselage? I wanted to swap out my foil's front wing (PFI 730) to improve performance and, above all, speed.


Yes, order the 909 with M8 to M6 conical washers. Make sure you have the correct length screws and you are set...
KDog
KDog
388 posts
388 posts
10 Sep 2026 10:27pm
Check out KV on YouTube he is foiling in Sweden and is riding the 110 predator with SAB foil. I have been using the 909-370 on a Slingshot fuselage and mast I am finding that it has a huge range and carves really well 👍👍

yeye2 said..
Hi there, does the Sabfoil 909 fit easily onto the Slingshot Phantasm 872 fuselage? I wanted to swap out my foil's front wing (PFI 730) to improve performance and, above all, speed.

Yes direct bolt on with the additional cone washers as for the SAB stabilizer no you will have to elongate the rear hole with a rat tail file not much and probably shim for less lift.The slingshot stabilizer will work depending I tried the 340 turbo tail and found not enough lift so asked around and one answer was try it with 2.5 deg for more lift I never got that far just really like the feeling of the SAB 370 flat.


yeye2
yeye2
WA
11 posts
WA, 11 posts
11 Sep 2026 11:51pm
Great news !! thank you so much for your advices

IndecentExposur
IndecentExposur
300 posts
300 posts
16 Sep 2026 9:10pm
Thanks everyone. I ordered a Balz sabfoil set today. I did request the 93 mast and added the 969 wing. I was able to try out a Sabfoil a few days ago from a friend of mine. The Sabfoil is very different and the feel is much better suited for the Predator.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply