One Ocean mast and foils

Tuesday
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
azymuth
azymuth
WA
2212 posts
WA, 2212 posts
22 Sep 2026 11:27am
Stoked to be able to buy to new freeride windfoiling gear designed in Australia (by Martin Love) - well priced, beautifully finished, really well packaged to freight and most importantly efficient, smooth and carvey.

After 4 windy sessions my first impressions are seriously good.
One session completely overpowered in 40-50 knots gusts on a 2.8m sail the 980 foil was still controllable - but the board was being blown into the air 😀

The super slim, super stiff UHM 13mm, 90cm mast has noticeably less drag, definitely feel that getting up on foil is easier.
The 800 wing is more turney as you would expect, possibly more suited to flatter days to go fast, but super fun and not difficult to ride.
I haven't been able to push for speed on either foil yet as each of the 4 sessions have been overpowered as the wind blew way more than predicted. More to come...
Frothing 🔥🔥


This winter I've been using the 145L board because the winds are crazy gusty when they come over Mt Wellington from the west and NW, and occasionally I need to be able to uphaul and slog back to the beach.
The downside of riding such a big board in strong winds is that it gets blown around in the air and when waterstarting, I have to take a really wide, awkward stance to keep pressure on the front of the board to keep it down.

www.oneoceansportsaustralia.com/one-foils

Session in the video below
NW 25-30 knots, 4.2m Simmer Blacktip, One Oceans All Terrain 980 and 800 front wings


















thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
23 Sep 2026 2:25am
Still ripping!

That one ocean and foils go on any axis fuselage? Or they make a one ocean fuse too?
azymuth
azymuth
WA
2212 posts
WA, 2212 posts
23 Sep 2026 11:14am
thedoor said..
Still ripping!

That one ocean and foils go on any axis fuselage? Or they make a one ocean fuse too?


I’m using the Axis V3 windsurf fuse
John340
John340
QLD
3453 posts
QLD, 3453 posts
24 Sep 2026 4:39pm
Nasty dismount at the end!
2keen
2keen
WA
388 posts
WA, 388 posts
24 Sep 2026 5:50pm
You look like you’re riding lower than I’m used to seeing you. Was that a conscious decision having gone from 103 mast to 90?
azymuth
azymuth
WA
2212 posts
WA, 2212 posts
25 Sep 2026 3:26pm
2keen said..
You look like you’re riding lower than I’m used to seeing you. Was that a conscious decision having gone from 103 mast to 90?


I was concentrating on riding lower but that spot gets some groundswell and windswell usually from different directions so still breached a few times 😀
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
26 Sep 2026 1:48am
New venue with new more challenging weather, new board and now new foils. Be patient with yourself while you adjust and adapt, you are crushing it! The scenery looks stunning!

mr love
mr love
VIC
2440 posts
VIC, 2440 posts
28 Sep 2026 2:55pm
There is no One Ocean windsurf fuse....everything fits on the Axis.

Great to see them in action....yep you looked a bit overdone.



mr love
mr love
VIC
2440 posts
VIC, 2440 posts
28 Sep 2026 3:52pm
I reckon your stab ventilated in that last crash
mr love
mr love
VIC
2440 posts
VIC, 2440 posts
28 Sep 2026 7:56pm
The Axis fuselage is very thin at the tail. I would be concerned that it twists with the higher aspect stab.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply