RAD flight club

1 year ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
WsurfAustin
WsurfAustin
662 posts
662 posts
26 Jul 2025 5:57am
John340 said..

TomDW said..


WsurfAustin said..



utcminusfour said..
Hey Matt?
Have you sent Balz a set of your releasing straps? He could help spread the word. The subject came up at 1:31, sounds like he is not aware of your product.
His comments and those from Dominik have me considering front straps again to help light air take off and to get upwind better. Cause you gotta get up to get down.





Hey utcminusfour, thanks for the heads up. Seems like 75% of my sales have been overseas.




Can you send me a thread where to get them (living in Belgium). I had a nasty crash last week where my front foot stayed in the strap and 76 cm wdie board tried to keel over. was fortunate the no serious injury occured but reminded me how thing can go wrong (did not think they would by now but a stupidity and moment of inatention were enough.)



www.bartlettcomponents.com/

Matt does international delivery.


I've shipped to Belgium before. For international customers, I take the order then send you options for shipping DHL,USPS etc, then you pay shipping separately for your preferred method.
TomDW
TomDW
64 posts
64 posts
1 Aug 2025 3:53am
When is the next Balz flight club? I can't find how to sign up for it.
First episode posted here was great. Have there been more in the meantime?
PatK
PatK
326 posts
326 posts
1 Aug 2025 7:06am
#1 duck gybe 3 days ago
Paducah
Paducah
2875 posts
2875 posts
1 Aug 2025 11:00pm
PatK said..
#1 duck gybe 3 days ago


The only question I have is do I need a carbon broom or is an aluminum broom sufficient (even though it's less stiff and heavier)? Or, should I go old school and use a teak broom?
jdfoils
jdfoils
478 posts
478 posts
1 Aug 2025 11:41pm
Paducah said..
PatK said..
#1 duck gybe 3 days ago


The only question I have is do I need a carbon broom or is an aluminum broom sufficient (even though it's less stiff and heavier)? Or, should I go old school and use a teak broom?


Teak is the way!
TomDW
TomDW
64 posts
64 posts
5 Aug 2025 4:10am
How to register for next editions of the flight club?
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
3 Jun 2026 6:07am
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle


thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
3 Jun 2026 6:07am
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle


utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
4 Jun 2026 7:12pm
thedoor said..
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle



You are getting really close with the sail ducking! Great riding mate! Progression!
BullroarerTook
BullroarerTook
320 posts
320 posts
4 Jun 2026 10:28pm
I’ve seen him duck jibe plenty of times, but it was pretty gnarly out there that day.
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
4 Jun 2026 11:37pm
utcminusfour said..

thedoor said..
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle




You are getting really close with the sail ducking! Great riding mate! Progression!


Cheers bro. For the new school duck tack the sail keeps going way down to the water. If I could figure that out there's a chance
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
4 Jun 2026 11:59pm
thedoor said..

utcminusfour said..


thedoor said..
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle





You are getting really close with the sail ducking! Great riding mate! Progression!



Cheers bro. For the new school duck tack the sail keeps going way down to the water. If I could figure that out there's a chance


All you need to do is add the come here motion with your front hand and it will fly back into your hands!😂
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
4 Jun 2026 11:59pm
thedoor said..

utcminusfour said..


thedoor said..
Still no stones for loops, but I have been able to clear the foil a few times without breaking an ankle





You are getting really close with the sail ducking! Great riding mate! Progression!



Cheers bro. For the new school duck tack the sail keeps going way down to the water. If I could figure that out there's a chance


All you need to do is add the come here motion with your front hand and it will fly back into your hands!😂
Paducah
Paducah
2875 posts
2875 posts
23 Jun 2026 6:54am
Just a reminder for those not signed up

www.severnesails.com/rad-flight-club/

Show some love to Balz and Severne for taking the time to do this.
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
8 Aug 2026 2:31pm

Roy
Roy
VIC
158 posts
Roy Roy
VIC, 158 posts
8 Aug 2026 7:59pm
thedoor said..


Nice one - looked like a close call with the drone 😂
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
8 Aug 2026 10:24pm
Your progressing Rolland! Nice Heli and stepping into switch!😀
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
8 Aug 2026 11:32pm
Roy said..


thedoor said..




Nice one - looked like a close call with the drone 😂



Yeah apparently you can set it so that the flies a bit further away.
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
8 Aug 2026 11:45pm
utcminusfour said..
Your progressing Rolland! Nice Heli and stepping into switch!😀


I have been working lots on upwind 360s (still not getting them) but I think they have helped a lot with the helitacks. Also I have been practicing sail flipping back and forth into clew first while foiling along too
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
9 Aug 2026 2:37am
I have not been reaching for the UW 360 enough lately. I have been blessed with either lots of wind and waves or really calm conditions perfect for learning to foil scoot. You are definitely onto it; they are one and the same (UW 360 & Heli). Reaching for the full turn is what is required to learn how to turn fast enough and far enough off the wind.
I have made some gains with the Heli. I have been focusing on switching the feet at or just before the sail flip, and my smoothest touch-and-goes are when I do that. It creates the room for the sail to slide by and shortens the time it takes to get back onto the sail power.
I have been doing the visualization with the boom on land, and my mnemonic is Pull, Push, Switch & Flip.
I want to start playing with the sail flip into clew first like you are tallking about. That looks fun and useful.
I have been pretty jazzed with the foil scooter lately, and it has really cut into my light-air freestyle budget. I'm going to have the beginner board out this week to give a lesson, so I will sneak a little freestyle in then.
So that drone footage was autonomous? That's incredible!
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
9 Aug 2026 2:43am
Nice one in foilscoot. Must be a great workout.

I seem to be trying to switch feet after sail flip, but will try feet first then sail
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
5 Sep 2026 2:05am
More progress


aeroegnr
aeroegnr
1784 posts
1784 posts
5 Sep 2026 5:00am
thedoor said..
More progress



Awesome! Jealous because it's been a crap summer and barely have been able to get out
utcminusfour
utcminusfour
826 posts
826 posts
5 Sep 2026 6:54pm
Bang Bang Pow! I think your gonna pass me, wow! I need to get on the water now! Gotta find some wind somehow! Gotta learn to heli here and now! Bang Bang Pow!

Thanks for the motivation mate!
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
6 Sep 2026 5:35am
utcminusfour said..
Bang Bang Pow! I think your gonna pass me, wow! I need to get on the water now! Gotta find some wind somehow! Gotta learn to heli here and now! Bang Bang Pow!

Thanks for the motivation mate!


😆😆😆
L
utcminusfour said..
Bang Bang Pow! I think your gonna pass me, wow! I need to get on the water now! Gotta find some wind somehow! Gotta learn to heli here and now! Bang Bang Pow!

Thanks for the motivation mate!


utcminusfour said..
Bang Bang Pow! I think your gonna pass me, wow! I need to get on the water now! Gotta find some wind somehow! Gotta learn to heli here and now! Bang Bang Pow!

Thanks for the motivation mate!



Pretty sudden I wouldn't be this close without your videos
Paducah
Paducah
2875 posts
thedoor
thedoor
2538 posts
2538 posts
15 Sep 2026 3:56am


oh snap 😬
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply