Forums > Windsurfing General

Speed SR250L Restoration

Created by Dag > 9 months ago, 28 May 2018
olskool
QLD, 1200 posts
8 Jul 2018 3:48AM
Thumbs Up

Imax1, my 2000 imco weighs in at 16kg. But it just sits around now ive got 3 Speed F1 RBs.For my weight the Speeds are much quicker than the imco. Both have similar top end,but the Speeds get planing earlier. The best AUSSIE made RB there is....

RichardG
WA, 2208 posts
8 Jul 2018 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Old skool , That is interesting. The 15 litres of extra volume of the Speed over the IMCO would be one reason for the Speed being quicker to plane. Shame there aren't any available here in WA.

Imax1
VIC, 1777 posts
8 Jul 2018 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
olskool said..
Imax1, my 2000 imco weighs in at 16kg. But it just sits around now ive got 3 Speed F1 RBs.For my weight the Speeds are much quicker than the imco. Both have similar top end,but the Speeds get planing earlier. The best AUSSIE made RB there is....

My Imco is the earliest planing thing I ever ridden , it catches 6 inch wind chop on a big angle in less than 10 kts and then keeps going , very amusingly strange. I can't imagine anything doing it in even less , mabee I should try your new rb , it probably gets going in sub 8 kts
Is your imco 16kg with cb , straps and fin ?

olskool
QLD, 1200 posts
8 Jul 2018 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Dags,lets line em up soon. Bit of match racing.
Hey Imax1, Imco weight as she sails. The Phantom 380 blitzes either board in the early planing stakes. Rigged with 9.5 ive had lots of crew remark how it gets going so easily.
RichardG, the Speed boards have most of the extra volume in the tail area. Carrys more width n thickness right to the tail. The Imco has a set of 'hips' just fore of front straps. From that point back its really the business end of a 90s slalom shape. The narrower less volume tail has nicer handling in the rough stuff. Imco has softer ride over all. Its got radiuses on the chines. Where the Speeds have edges. Bang your shin when launching n you will have bark removed.
All are great boards to sail. But im really a SPEED FREAK to the core!!

vando
QLD, 3398 posts
8 Jul 2018 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dag said..
Aahh, she's a beauty.

Wow looking pretty smick

albymongrel
NSW, 174 posts
24 Jul 2018 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dag said..
Oooooohh! Getting close now! First coat on. Can't wait to see her with the decal's, grip coat and clear.
She also now has a deep tuttle.
Thank's Peter Nitschke @Wind and Surf.

Hey Darren, do you still have this board? Looks awesome. How does it compare to the lightning at almost same volume? I have to admit I haven't ridden mine for a while since I got the LT

Dag
QLD, 673 posts
24 Jul 2018 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Not quite sure mate, but I'll let ya know after I've had enough time on her. I've only had one go on her before the mast car broke.
I had an 8.5 2xc Simmer sail and I could just get Peter on the Wally LT @ 60 Kg in bugger all wind.
I think she'll really excel in the high wind range. In a mixed fleet I'll have to make up my mind weather to sail her, or the LT depending on the conditions. Looking forward to a great season.

olskool
QLD, 1200 posts
24 Jul 2018 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Dags 15kt n up the SPEED is THE board to ride. Keep ya Wally for the Wally days mate. Both are great boards. Just suited to different conditions.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Speed SR250L Restoration" started by Dag