Forums > Windsurfing General

Tyronsea 1987 Brochure

Created by sailquik Thursday, 13 Jun 2019
sailquik
VIC, 4626 posts
Thursday , 13 Jun 2019 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

I had a couple of these but I dont think I ever saw the 'custom' boards. especially the 'speed' board. I notice they had disappeared out of the 1988-9 brochure, so I guess they didn't sell? Or perhaps the manufacture didn't work out if they suncontracted it to someone?

RichardG
WA, 2572 posts
Thursday , 13 Jun 2019 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

These came from Sail Wind Quarterly Magazine Volume Three Number One, 1986. According to a reliable source Dave Sheen came first in the 1986 Ledge to Lancelin riding a Tyronsea Proto maybe it was one of these...

sailquik
VIC, 4626 posts
Thursday , 13 Jun 2019 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Nice!!

Yes, that could well be. But I don't recall seeing any of those either.

RichardG
WA, 2572 posts
Friday , 14 Jun 2019 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Sailquik, My original source may have been wrong. Another source has a different version of events. He says to the effect that Dave Sheen actually rode a Cobra Gun 290 for the first Ledge to Lancelin race in 1986, he only got it the day before along with some new Pryde race sails. This new source tells me "I always remember that as he didn't have any good gear before the race so I was surprised when he turned up with heaps of new stuff.."

ka43
NSW, 2835 posts
Friday , 14 Jun 2019 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

The top pic was taken on the Pittwater side of Palm Beach. Craig O'Connor, Graham Ball and Thunder Gums from Sail Wind Quarterly.
Ah the good old days!!

calabrovarijo
8 posts
Sunday , 16 Jun 2019 1:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..
I had a couple of these but I dont think I ever saw the 'custom' boards. especially the 'speed' board. I notice they had disappeared out of the 1988-9 brochure, so I guess they didn't sell? Or perhaps the manufacture didn't work out if they suncontracted it to someone?

Craig O'Connor, Graham Ball and Thunder Gums from Sail Wind Quarterly.
Ah the good old days!!

calabrovarijo
8 posts
Monday , 17 Jun 2019 3:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RichardG said..
Sailquik, My original source may have been wrong. Another source has a different version of events. He says to the effect that Dave Sheen actually rode a Cobra Gun 290 for the first Ledge to Lancelin race in 1986, he only got it the day before along with some new Pryde race sails. This new source tells me "I always remember that as he didn't have any good gear before the race so I was surprised when he turned up with heaps of new stuff.."
audacity.onl/ origin.onl/

Graham Ball and Thunder Gums from Sail Wind Quarterly.
Ah the good old days!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Tyronsea 1987 Brochure" started by sailquik