Created by WsurfingSA > 9 months ago, 21 Nov 2012
Kimba
SA, 453 posts
8 Feb 2013 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Bonominator said...
samOZ said...

Nice one Bono ah ah ah

I thought I put this photo up tooken yesterday from the NTH side of the point in a WNW wind... you can clearly see the line of wind, of weeds.. the wind was everywhere!!! Hard to believe isnt it!? We sailed the STH side which wasnt the same! Have not sailed any glossy stuff yet but who cares still great

Hey Sam, this is the view of where I was sailing in the photos below(early nineties). It sounds like waterskiing on flat water without the boat -fffffffffffffffffffffff
Boogie, Below its around 17 knots I reckon. Strapper 275, 5.5 Slalom Mk? Torquay polyester elliptical pointer - I was definately lighter back then, as we all were! Photos were taken in the water by my cousing with a disposable waterproof camera.

choco
SA, 4003 posts
8 Feb 2013 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

decrepit
WA, 11887 posts
8 Feb 2013 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

C3 said...
So how much wind is actually in the air in that picture with the glassy surface?

Boogie

at a guess, 15 - 18

decrepit
WA, 11887 posts
8 Feb 2013 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

samOZ said...

>>>>>> Have not sailed any glossy stuff yet but who cares still great

I got into some today Sam on my NM run, was just like that between the Islands, I was doing 30kts, felt amazing!

samOZ
WA, 86 posts
9 Feb 2013 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

Great to see the old photos Tim , waooh thats cool
Hey Choco the movie says Lake Bonney! So was LG or LB? It look like LG!!
I went to LB, it stinks, it look very badly polluate, and its closed now!!
Mike wasnt 18knts, was that crap session we had 2 days ago (for me anyway)... 0, 8 to 14 maybe, I say zero because sometime there was nothing in the holes, I would have got blasted with 18 and the 7!! maybe its less gusty up there... also it never felt 18 on the beach. But its very tricky here trying to understand what is going on... Well done Mike on milking a 30 NM
Also apparently some weeds patch have disapear making place to little chops (OMG)..Anyway, nothing better that a constant wind to keep you going
I thought I put the shot because this was the first time since here I could see a obvious line, it looked quite cool ;))

choco
SA, 4003 posts
9 Feb 2013 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

samOZ said...
Great to see the old photos Tim , waooh thats cool
Hey Choco the movie says Lake Bonney! So was LG or LB? It look like LG!!
I went to LB, it stinks, it look very badly polluate, and its closed now!!
Mike wasnt 18knts, was that crap session we had 2 days ago (for me anyway)... 0, 8 to 14 maybe, I say zero because sometime there was nothing in the holes, I would have got blasted with 18 and the 7!! maybe its less gusty up there... also it never felt 18 on the beach. But its very tricky here trying to understand what is going on... Well done Mike on milking a 30 NM
Also apparently some weeds patch have disapear making place to little chops (OMG)..Anyway, nothing better that a constant wind to keep you going
I thought I put the shot because this was the first time since here I could see a obvious line, it looked quite cool ;))

? what have you guys been smoking down there it says Lake George on the title, I'll be seeing you on Monday

yoyo
WA, 1646 posts
9 Feb 2013 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Great nautical mile in not much wind, Mike.

decrepit
WA, 11887 posts
9 Feb 2013 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks yoyo, everything lined up, just once! smooth water and wind for about 2kms

S018
SA, 338 posts
9 Feb 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

You boys are having some fun down there...
must be my turn to join in
see you Monday arvo..
bring on the Wind !

Catch Ya
David

izaak
TAS, 1964 posts
9 Feb 2013 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Sound like there will be many at LG. hopefully some great conditions!! Four tasweigians will be there around lunch tomorrow.

Roar
NSW, 471 posts
12 Feb 2013 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

jimbob

whats the best place to see the forcast for LG for thecoming week?

cheers
Roar

hardie
WA, 4078 posts
12 Feb 2013 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Roar said...
jimbob

whats the best place to see the forcast for LG for thecoming week?

cheers
Roar

Wiily Weather Beachport & Windguru Beachport is what I look at, and when they agree with each other, ends up very accurate

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
12 Feb 2013 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

There is a custom spot in Windguru called "The Spit, Lake George" made by WNormanClarke. It is pretty good. I have been experimenting with modifications to see if they more closely agree with the local thermal effects. I may have gone a bit high at the moment but the next few days will tell.
This link may work and take you straight to it:
www.windguru.cz/323632

Aus06
SA, 235 posts
13 Feb 2013 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations to all the sailors who achieved PB's at Lake George over the last few days. It's been very exciting to see the great speeds, alphas and hours produced in those 'moderate' conditions - averaging around 25 knots I believe.

It's been hard to keep up with the individual achievements, but if you've missed it, then check them out:

here >gpsteamchallenge.com.au/index.php?country=1

or here >www.gps-speedsurfing.com/default.aspx?mnu=event&val=276

I couldn't make this recent session, but will keep my eye on the rest of Feb and March - still many weeks of excellent conditions ahead of us.

I couldn't help but think how chaotic it may have been out on the lake as sailors head off on both tacks finding their preferred angle off the wind, and own patch of paradise on the flat water. At least places like Sandy Point have everyone sailing in a predictable format...

Awesome stuff!

red
VIC, 737 posts
13 Feb 2013 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Just got home from 3 days sailing at lake george and one thing that really struck me was the friendliness of everybody. Everybody was stoked for each other and pushing others to PB's. Meet lots of news faces and enjoyed sharing a beer with some old friends. Best windsurfing trip Ive had for a long time (regardless of the PB's).. hope everybody has a safe trip home!

decrepit
WA, 11887 posts
13 Feb 2013 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

I have to agree Red, absolutely fantastic!!! It would have been Dot's and my best trip for ages even without the last days PBs.
The "vibe" on the beach and in the pub afterwards is so friendly and sharing.
I think the 3 month idea is brilliant, whoever came up with the concept needs a pat on the back. People from all over just keep arriving, certainly keeps JimBob out of mischief.

kato
VIC, 3347 posts
13 Feb 2013 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks everyone,once again "George" has delievered a whole lot of Pbs and a great lot of fun. Great to catch up and I look forward to the next one.

My tracks from Tuesdays session

S018
SA, 338 posts
14 Feb 2013 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

SpiralGraph gone Mad
how many Gybes ????
amazing distance !!

Windxtasy
WA, 4013 posts
14 Feb 2013 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Spirograph yes!
That's a lot of going backwards and forwards.
Approximately how long was each run?

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
14 Feb 2013 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Windxtasy said...
Spirograph yes!

Roughly 2km to 2.5km max. Pretty close to 1 NM per run! So looking at about 21 gybes per hour for about 14 hours. Say close to 300 gybes!

kato
VIC, 3347 posts
14 Feb 2013 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

sailquik said...
Windxtasy said...
Spirograph yes!

Roughly 2km to 2.5km max. Pretty close to 1 NM per run! So looking at about 21 gybes per hour for about 14 hours. Say close to 300 gybes!

I think I dropped 5 out of the whole day

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
14 Feb 2013 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

^That's 5 too many Kato.......

elmo
WA, 8668 posts
14 Feb 2013 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

kato said...
sailquik said...
Windxtasy said...
Spirograph yes!

first up against the wall come the revolution

I'm generally happy making 5 gybes

choco
SA, 4003 posts
14 Feb 2013 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

kato said...
Thanks everyone,once again "George" has delievered a whole lot of Pbs and a great lot of fun. Great to catch up and I look forward to the next one.

My tracks from Tuesdays session

mind blowing! you could have knitted a jumper for everyone out of those tracks

Windxtasy
WA, 4013 posts
14 Feb 2013 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

elmo said...
kato said...
sailquik said...
Windxtasy said...
Spirograph yes!

I'm generally happy making 5 gybes

me too!

decrepit
WA, 11887 posts
14 Feb 2013 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

I took heaps of pics after I finished my session, but it's very hard focusing on a fast moving target, so I have to go thru and select the best. Have only compressed a few so far, I'll finish the rest after we get home.

I've posted these 2 of Kato on the distance record thread.

I think the sailor going down the run is young Izaac, can anyone confirm please??

And finally the man himself our host.

Marvelous effort JimBob, without you, the place wouldn't be the same!!!
All ways there to help, share the knowledge and give advice.

izaak
TAS, 1964 posts
14 Feb 2013 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sure is me going down the run mike. Great photos!! I have heaps with a few good ones, I will upload in a few days.

jimbob SA
SA, 992 posts
15 Feb 2013 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Crew, just a congrats to all who got pb's the last week as I have had limited access at the caravan, just too many to mention.

just one thing though we really need to book a table if we are all going to rock up at the pub for tea on a week night, I know its not busy on a monday or tuesday night but they only have 1 girl in the kitchen on them quite nights and poor Jeanie got smashed with 40 meals at once as we all got there in the last half hour, all we need to do is book in so they can another roster a girl on to help out and jeanie dosen't get stuck cooking bring out the meals and all the cleaning, was a sweet snitter I had.

YP1
SA, 133 posts
15 Feb 2013 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

I had a great steak as well, sounds like Jeannie got smashed, proberly knocked out a couple of PB's herself but I dont think anyone minded the wait as we had plenty to discuss ( brag ) about

stringer
WA, 703 posts
15 Feb 2013 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

decrepit said...
I took heaps of pics after I finished my session,

that board looks familiar ;)

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Lake George - GPS Event 2013" started by WsurfingSA