The forecast is looking good for Sunday. I will decide the location over the next 48 hours as the forecast evolves, at this stage it should be in the 25 knot range with an incoming tide which is positive.
Sounds good Al.
Primary event information updates on SB.
Having said that anyone who wants to be added to the Northern WhatsApp group for instant notifications let me know.
Cheers, Mort 0417 333671.
Sunday still looking solid. Any update Alan?
The forecast is still looking good for Sunday and I am contemplating Bakers with the wind direction being WNW. This would give any GPS crew the chance to put down some runs at Port Sorell in the morning and have a wavesail in the afternoon. Briefing will be at 12 . All may change depending on the wind as the forecast evolves so keep checking this thread and register your interest on Tidyhq.
I have spent a few minutes studying the synoptic this morning and am now thinking that it will be too Westerly for Bakers by 1 pm so I I think that it's safer to call Bell Buoy at the best bet at this stage. The synoptic looks like it will swing more to the west than the WNW which makes quite a big difference.
The contest will be run as heats and we will try for a draw that allows everyone to sail a few heats. You will probably be required to judge if you are not competing.
The forecast has been pretty stable with NW conditions on Sunday morning switching WNW in the early afternoon. There is 2to 5 mm of rain forecast but I would imagine that will happen mostly in the morning. Briefing will still be at 12. But I am thinking that competition will probably happen between 1 and three. This could change if conditions are different from the forecast.
Today was forecast to be 19 to 20 knots but had a solid period of 25 to 30 knots NW which should help build a bit of swell for tomorrow.
A solid Day at Bell Buoy today if very informal from the contest point of view. It was only a small crew today ( I know Bell Buoy can be intimidating for some with a high tide and a solid Nw to WNW) . It was awesome to see Houston leading a keen Hobart crew with Damo and Tim enjoying the conditions. Of the locals Paul B , and Clarence put in some Solid time on the water and Mort did the longish drive from Turners.
I took some photos and spent a bit of time watching and informally (discussions will be entered into, other view points may be considered) I would say that Tim was the outstanding sailor on the day with Damo close behind and Paul and Houston taking the third spot beyond that there were no big wipeouts or gear breakages.
I will sort out who is a member and who isn't later on and maybe ever produce a winners list with points. If you want your results to become official and you are not yet a member then join WT in the next couple of weeks.
Good you guys got a great sail in.
Well done lads!! I was going to come up but couldn't motivate myself to drive up there again yesterday having driven up there & back for a work dinner for Clyde Friday night
I think Captain Morgan has a few shots of the day as well.
Good to see some of the Hobart crew make the trek.
couple of shots before memory card failure!...
Still no photos of Paul
non of Jason either
(The blue sail in the middle of CMs set is Paul though a little hard to recognise)