Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

2018 Wavesailing Nationals - Volunteers

Created by WindsurfingWA 24 days ago, 24 Oct 2018
WindsurfingWA
WA, 591 posts
24 Oct 2018 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

To have a successful WAVESAILING NATIONALS 2018 in December we need a team of passionate volunteers to help us out even if for just a couple hours on 1 day. So we can manage all our awesome volunteers, a SignUp.com page has been setup so you can register for the times you are able to assist.

The best part of volunteering is that not only will you get to watch some awesome windsurfing, there will be plenty of time for you to get on the water too.

From the interstate sailors we are specifically calling out for judges.

signup.com/go/qGndTDQ

mc2
NSW, 15 posts
24 Oct 2018 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

NSWWA new judging format is so good, you guys should approach them about it.

Cheers.

WindsurfingWA
WA, 591 posts
25 Oct 2018 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mc2 said..
NSWWA new judging format is so good, you guys should approach them about it.

Cheers.

Who is the best contact and what is the format?

mc2
NSW, 15 posts
25 Oct 2018 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NSW Wavesailing

nswwavesailing.org

stehsegler
WA, 2909 posts
25 Oct 2018 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

I am pretty sure they used this app on iPads:itunes.apple.com/au/app/surfcomp/id1120925849#?platform=ipad

WindsurfingWA
WA, 591 posts
26 Oct 2018 6:24AM
Thumbs Up

We have been in contact with the SurfComp team and working on a demo over the weekend. Thanks for the heads up. The big challenge now is making sure we have phone coverage for the event.

stehsegler
WA, 2909 posts
26 Oct 2018 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WindsurfingWA said..
We have been in contact with the SurfComp team and working on a demo over the weekend. Thanks for the heads up. The big challenge now is making sure we have phone coverage for the event.

You should see if you can get hold off a Telstra 4g Go Repeater (www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/network-coverage-extension-devices).Either see if any of the providers in Perth would hire one or better still try the Telstra sponsorship team. They sometimes sponsor community events with mobile solutions: www.telstra.com.au/aboutus/community-environment/awards-grants-sponsorship

There is also the option of getting temporary events coverage:
www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/solutions/professional-media/mobile-special-events
say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/ENQUIRE-ABOUT-MOBILE-COVERAGE-FOR-YOUR-EVENT
Given it's a national event I would think there is a chance for some sort of sponsorship arrangement.

Mark _australia
WA, 18394 posts
26 Oct 2018 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

I have continuous coverage at Corro on an iPhone, as long as I am not behind a car of phone in pocket, then it is say 70%. its line of sight to Gero foreshore once you are a couple of meters up - if a judging scaffold is going in the same place as last time I would be sure of continuous coverage as you will have the gear 3m higher

If not, ask Mathew- tech extraordinaire and Telstra man? If he can't sort it nobody can...

mathew
VIC, 1670 posts
29 Oct 2018 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mark _australia said..
I have continuous coverage at Corro on an iPhone, as long as I am not behind a car of phone in pocket, then it is say 70%. its line of sight to Gero foreshore once you are a couple of meters up - if a judging scaffold is going in the same place as last time I would be sure of continuous coverage as you will have the gear 3m higher

If not, ask Mathew- tech extraordinaire and Telstra man? If he can't sort it nobody can...

Having never even seen the tool, my best guess is that it doesn't need an Mobile-phone connection... it just needs a data connection. Thus any old wifi / phone-uplink should work. And thus anyone with an external antenna should be able to help

WindsurfingWA
WA, 591 posts
30 Oct 2018 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Morning all, we are working on setting up a node to boost signal then happy days. Thanks for all the input

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"2018 Wavesailing Nationals - Volunteers" started by WindsurfingWA