vietstar said..
Looking for general feedback on board performance. Additionally have MFC 14/9 fins. Thinking of bumping up to 15/10.
I've been riding the Starboard Hyper 88 since 2024, and it's amazing down the line and in medium-to-big waves. Definitely not a European-style board. Most I use MFC 14cm but you can use also 15cm with light wind in 5.2 sail. I use it with anything from a 5.2 down to a 3.7, and even in side on conditions it's not bad. Side off is pure surfing custom territory a technical board, definitely not for everyone, and obviously not built for cruising. My weight is about 75 kg. The more powerful the waves get, the easier, safer, and more fun the board becomes. I think its sweet spot is waiting for a wave in light wind, just parked there, then paddling in and dropping late. Up to 4-meter waves it's an absolute dream, but once it gets bigger than that, it starts getting a bit slappy. Action with my Hyper 88 year 2024.