Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

Wavesailing Nationals 2018 - Team Challenge

Created by WindsurfingWA 2 months ago, 25 Jun 2018
WindsurfingWA
WA, 573 posts
25 Jun 2018 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know where the team shield from Nationals of past is?
We want to bring back a team challenge for nationals were each states sails for national glory. The format is still a work in progress but if anyone has details of how it was done in the past please get in contact.

Long Reef
NSW, 558 posts
25 Jun 2018 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

I think Waz has it in Gerroa.

WindsurfingWA
WA, 573 posts
26 Jun 2018 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, I will PM him.
Any idea on the team competition worked in the past? We have a plan but it would be great to know what the tradition was so we don't stomp all over it.

Kukahi
NSW, 28 posts
28 Jun 2018 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

The last event I ran in Gerroa Warren Holder was due to present it. I am unsure as to who won it as I left a day or so early so I missed the presentation.

Kukahi
NSW, 28 posts
28 Jun 2018 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WindsurfingWA said..
Thanks, I will PM him.
Any idea on the team competition worked in the past? We have a plan but it would be great to know what the tradition was so we don't stomp all over it.

In my time we used to assign points to certain positions. ie 1st 20, 2nd 15 etc for Juniors, Opens, Womens, Master, Grand Masters, Legends. So if Dean Hendrie win he scored 20points for NSW. At the end if the event the points where talkied and the perpetual trophy was recieved by that states team captain. The original trophy was misplaced in around 2004 from memory but it was replaced and should be able to be found. Dean Hendrie may also know where it went as he co-hosted Nationals with myself between 1999-2007.

WindsurfingWA
WA, 573 posts
28 Jun 2018 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Warren currently has the trophy and we will organise for it to be at the nationals in December. Thanks for all the input.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"Wavesailing Nationals 2018 - Team Challenge" started by WindsurfingWA