AFS Silk V2

6 months ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
foilthegreats
foilthegreats
819 posts
819 posts
20 Jul 2026 8:43pm
Have my KT Dragonfly 7’ 100L mast placement at 12 on the Silk V2. V1 and Enduro was at 10. Feeling really great. Had the 1150 V2 out yesterday in some 1-2’ lake mush. What an awesome foil! Can whip around on the smallest little downhill and pull super tight carves on it. Really good glide and low end. Foil communicates stall incoming and you can easily pump out of it. Using the short fuselage with the USurf 150 in long position.
Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
897 posts
897 posts
20 Jul 2026 10:29pm
foilthegreats said..
Have my KT Dragonfly 7’ 100L mast placement at 12 on the Silk V2. V1 and Enduro was at 10. Feeling really great. Had the 1150 V2 out yesterday in some 1-2’ lake mush. What an awesome foil! Can whip around on the smallest little downhill and pull super tight carves on it. Really good glide and low end. Foil communicates stall incoming and you can easily pump out of it. Using the short fuselage with the USurf 150 in long position.


I got the 1150 too. Was on the fence when I bought this foil, but I'm really glad I did. Super easy cruiser that can get spicy when the conditions permit. It has already gotten a lot of use on the suboptimal lightwind beachbreak days with the wing/parawing. For very mellow wind-driven downwinding with the UC140 it is super nimble and opens up the playing field for connections. Really glad to have it as a summer session saver and have had a lot of fun with it so far.
foilthegreats
foilthegreats
819 posts
819 posts
21 Jul 2026 10:38pm
Some fun Silk 1150 conditions:

foilthegreats
foilthegreats
819 posts
819 posts
16 Sep 2026 8:23am
foilthegreats said..


Velocicraptor said..



foilthegreats said..
1050 V2 with USurf 150 feeling really good, keeps going forward in my tracks. Almost done dialling it in. Got on the 750 with USurf 120 the other day and it was awesome. Also keeps going forward in my tracks but getting it to where it needs to be. The V2 whip around so smoothly. Feels are just more smooth and predicable than V1. I feel like once I find perfect mast placement it will really be next level of fun:





Im still figuring out position in the tracks too, but its at least an inch forward of the v1s and enduros and maybe closer to 1.5".




I agree, way farther forward than what I was expecting. I also think maybe the new fuselage geometry is required. As I've seen myself breach the stabilizer a few times. The V2 seems to stabilize itself at the surface but that leaves the tail to breach easily in an aggressive maneuver. New fuselage geometry drops the stabilizer down farther keeping it out of the flow from the front foil and deeper in the water. I have my eye on the new titanium one, but that thing is $$$



So I finally broke down and purchased the titanium fuselage. What an impressive piece of bling bling. I noticed right away it pumps really well, a noticeable improvement. Also the new geometry of the titanium & advanced fuselage does feel more suited to the Silk V2 with the USurf stabilizer. Feels super smooth and less pitchy. The titanium fuse is super sleek and does feel like less resistance through the water. Pushing into a turn feels ultra solid with no funny business. Can’t wait to spend more time on this thing and get dialled right in. If you’re on the V1 fuselage and using Silk V2 worth checking out the advanced at least.






Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
897 posts
897 posts
16 Sep 2026 9:21pm
foilthegreats said..

foilthegreats said..



Velocicraptor said..




foilthegreats said..
1050 V2 with USurf 150 feeling really good, keeps going forward in my tracks. Almost done dialling it in. Got on the 750 with USurf 120 the other day and it was awesome. Also keeps going forward in my tracks but getting it to where it needs to be. The V2 whip around so smoothly. Feels are just more smooth and predicable than V1. I feel like once I find perfect mast placement it will really be next level of fun:






Im still figuring out position in the tracks too, but its at least an inch forward of the v1s and enduros and maybe closer to 1.5".





I agree, way farther forward than what I was expecting. I also think maybe the new fuselage geometry is required. As I've seen myself breach the stabilizer a few times. The V2 seems to stabilize itself at the surface but that leaves the tail to breach easily in an aggressive maneuver. New fuselage geometry drops the stabilizer down farther keeping it out of the flow from the front foil and deeper in the water. I have my eye on the new titanium one, but that thing is $$$




So I finally broke down and purchased the titanium fuselage. What an impressive piece of bling bling. I noticed right away it pumps really well, a noticeable improvement. Also the new geometry of the titanium & advanced fuselage does feel more suited to the Silk V2 with the USurf stabilizer. Feels super smooth and less pitchy. The titanium fuse is super sleek and does feel like less resistance through the water. Pushing into a turn feels ultra solid with no funny business. Can’t wait to spend more time on this thing and get dialled right in. If you’re on the V1 fuselage and using Silk V2 worth checking out the advanced at least.








I ride the carbon advanced fuse. I compared the titanium to carbon side by side and they were pretty much identical in terms of shape, diameter, etc... Inspected them pretty closely and couldn't really eyeball any differences other than weight. Im sure theres a difference in stiffness, but curious how "perceivable" it is and how it manifests in feel. Putting material aside, I agree that the difference in dims (mast to foil and tail angle) between the Advanced and the standard is noticeable and the Advanced definitely improves efficiency (more glide, smoother and better pump).
foilthegreats
foilthegreats
819 posts
819 posts
17 Sep 2026 11:25am
Velocicraptor said..

foilthegreats said..


foilthegreats said..




Velocicraptor said..





foilthegreats said..
1050 V2 with USurf 150 feeling really good, keeps going forward in my tracks. Almost done dialling it in. Got on the 750 with USurf 120 the other day and it was awesome. Also keeps going forward in my tracks but getting it to where it needs to be. The V2 whip around so smoothly. Feels are just more smooth and predicable than V1. I feel like once I find perfect mast placement it will really be next level of fun:







Im still figuring out position in the tracks too, but its at least an inch forward of the v1s and enduros and maybe closer to 1.5".






I agree, way farther forward than what I was expecting. I also think maybe the new fuselage geometry is required. As I've seen myself breach the stabilizer a few times. The V2 seems to stabilize itself at the surface but that leaves the tail to breach easily in an aggressive maneuver. New fuselage geometry drops the stabilizer down farther keeping it out of the flow from the front foil and deeper in the water. I have my eye on the new titanium one, but that thing is $$$





So I finally broke down and purchased the titanium fuselage. What an impressive piece of bling bling. I noticed right away it pumps really well, a noticeable improvement. Also the new geometry of the titanium & advanced fuselage does feel more suited to the Silk V2 with the USurf stabilizer. Feels super smooth and less pitchy. The titanium fuse is super sleek and does feel like less resistance through the water. Pushing into a turn feels ultra solid with no funny business. Can’t wait to spend more time on this thing and get dialled right in. If you’re on the V1 fuselage and using Silk V2 worth checking out the advanced at least.









I ride the carbon advanced fuse. I compared the titanium to carbon side by side and they were pretty much identical in terms of shape, diameter, etc... Inspected them pretty closely and couldn't really eyeball any differences other than weight. Im sure theres a difference in stiffness, but curious how "perceivable" it is and how it manifests in feel. Putting material aside, I agree that the difference in dims (mast to foil and tail angle) between the Advanced and the standard is noticeable and the Advanced definitely improves efficiency (more glide, smoother and better pump).

This is what AFS says: The full titanium construction brings 30% greater stiffness over carbon, with twice the density, translating directly into stabilizing inertia at high speed and in demanding conditions. The slimmed profile cuts drag by 23% through reduced wetted surface area, while the redesigned nose entry minimizes flow disruption at the front of the fuselage.

I haven’t seen an advanced in person but from what AFS says the titanium is slimmer overall. Thickness at 27mm vs 32.5mm for the advanced.

To me it just feels stiffer, less of that laggy wait for your foil to catch up or get away from you feeling.

Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply