Harness line position hatch v2

Thursday
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
zebras
zebras
31 posts
31 posts
1 Oct 2026 2:24pm
Hi Everyone!

I've been riding the hatch v2 in 3.5m for some sessions now and i'm generally a huge fan. One thing i noticed is that the bar position felt a bit off when riding hooked in. I felt as though i'd wanted the rear attachment point to be a bit more at the back. It's currently exactl where it came - at the point where the bar changes color. It rides fine but sometimes i feel as though i could get more power if the front part of the bar was a bit closer to me if that makes sense?

Appreciate any of your experiences!
DWF
DWF
727 posts
DWF DWF
727 posts
2 Oct 2026 6:20am
agree. I don’t like the balance point in the harness. It’s like the harness line position and spacing was decided solely on what it took to make it hide inside the bar, without regard to where the perfect balance point is. I completely removed the harness line and installed the single point Ozone line. Not only was the stock balance point off, but I prefer the better trim feel the single point harness lines provides. I also stuffed foam in the bar core to make it float. Then I installed rounded bar end cap (bought on Amazon). Photo shows BRM harness line, but have switched to Ozone






zebras
zebras
31 posts
31 posts
2 Oct 2026 2:55pm
Interesting modification. I love the concept of the bunge harness line a lot so i'll try to just move the rear attachment point a bit further back first. When i'm really lit up the position feels fine actually. So maybe they went for a position that is well suited for this?
Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
899 posts
899 posts
2 Oct 2026 11:51pm
DWF said..
agree. I don’t like the balance point in the harness. It’s like the harness line position and spacing was decided solely on what it took to make it hide inside the bar, without regard to where the perfect balance point is. I completely removed the harness line and installed the single point Ozone line. Not only was the stock balance point off, but I prefer the better trim feel the single point harness lines provides. I also stuffed foam in the bar core to make it float. Then I installed rounded bar end cap (bought on Amazon). Photo shows BRM harness line, but have switched to Ozone







Do the bar end caps actually prevent water intrusion? Can you link the ones you got? Worst case would be that they leak and trap water inside the bar.


DWF
DWF
727 posts
DWF DWF
727 posts
3 Oct 2026 6:26pm
Regarding bar leaks, it’s no different than windsurf booms. They are not sealed at all. They are foam filled with foam rods, adding floatation. Same with the Naish bar. Added 5/8” foam backer rod. The bullet end cap is to make it look better. It’s not for sealing.

This sport feels exactly like the early years of kiting, where nothing was perfect and we modified, modified, modified. It took a good 10 years before everything was good.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply