Parawing Quiver Help - PR v2 / 777

Thursday
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
902 posts
902 posts
8 Oct 2026 9:26pm
Im trying to fill in the mid range of my parawing quiver. Was previously riding the FOne Quests 5/4/3 (still have them but will probably sell them once the new quiver is dialed in). Now I have a Pocket Rocket v2 5m and a 777 LTX 3.1m and I'm trying to fill in the ~4m slot. Ideally I limit the quiver to three sizes and I probably want to avoid three different models, so my options are the 3.6 or 4.3 PR v2, or a 4.2 LTX, but I haven't ridden any of them and don't really have easy access to demo. Roughly trying to cover the 18-25 knot range with this size. I find the PR v2 rides well at the lower end of its range, but finding the top end of its posted range is kind of optimistic, and finding the LTX to be the inverse (rides better at the higher end of its range).

Stash size and short line length is important to me, but I think all three of those options should be OK from that perspective. For what its worth I previously had a PR v1 4.3 and it felt pretty big to me.

For those familiar with these parawings what would you do?
BWalnut
BWalnut
WA
1336 posts
WA, 1336 posts
8 Oct 2026 10:15pm
I really liked the 3.6m Pocket rocket for the time I had it. I regret selling it a little bit, but the top end was a bit of a hard 30 knot ceiling for me here in the Gorge and I disliked getting pulled off at that wind speed. That being said, I did think the upwind was nice and I think you might be able to squeeze it down to 18 knots depending on your kit.

I did have the 4.2 LTX for a brief period as well and thought the range was amazing. I especially loved that the retract gave me a full concertina and the stashing was better than the 3.6m PRv2. The lines at 140cm are 2cm shorter than the PRv2 3.6m as well. I didn't keep it because I just don't see much use for that size in the Gorge since I don't ride flat water or at the Hatch.

The 4.3m PRv2 would surely have too long of lines for my personal taste.

I think I'm optimistically waiting for a 3.7m supercharger with 130cm lines to be released. (I have no idea if that's a real size)
Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
902 posts
902 posts
8 Oct 2026 10:27pm
BWalnut said..
I really liked the 3.6m Pocket rocket for the time I had it. I regret selling it a little bit, but the top end was a bit of a hard 30 knot ceiling for me here in the Gorge and I disliked getting pulled off at that wind speed. That being said, I did think the upwind was nice and I think you might be able to squeeze it down to 18 knots depending on your kit.

I did have the 4.2 LTX for a brief period as well and thought the range was amazing. I especially loved that the retract gave me a full concertina and the stashing was better than the 3.6m PRv2. The lines at 140cm are 2cm shorter than the PRv2 3.6m as well. I didn't keep it because I just don't see much use for that size in the Gorge since I don't ride flat water or at the Hatch.

The 4.3m PRv2 would surely have too long of lines for my personal taste.

I think I'm optimistically waiting for a 3.7m supercharger with 130cm lines to be released. (I have no idea if that's a real size)



Thank you. Im also torn between the 3.6 v2 and the 4.2 LTX (was leaning away from the v2 4.3). The short lines, concertina and light fabric on the LTX is so nice. Curious how comfortable it will be in the high teens though. Appreciate the feedback.
BWalnut
BWalnut
WA
1336 posts
WA, 1336 posts
8 Oct 2026 10:36pm
Last ride on the 4.2 ltx was a wretched 5-25 on the gauge and I stayed dry for the whole session. I think the average was upper teens.


88kg rider 66l emissary code 720s that day.
scheggia
scheggia
91 posts
91 posts
9 Oct 2026 2:57am
I think you’ve got pretty much all the answers here. The LTX has a wider wind range and handles the upper end better. It’s also easier to pack down, with shorter lines and a more compact package.
The PRv2 is generally easier to ride, but the sizes above 3.6 can be a bit of a pain to pack. Since you already have the 5m, though, I’m sure you’ve got the PRv2 packing technique down.
For the range you want to cover, you could also consider selling your PRv2 5m, getting an LTX 5.5 and skipping the 4m size altogether. I’m 70 kg and have used the LTX 5.5 in 25 knots without any issues.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply