Tool free mast adjustment for AFS riders

1 year ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
9 May 2025 10:48am
Anyone who rides AFS want tool free mast adjustment?

I am trying to get Konrad to make click nuts for AFS as they only make them for countersunk bolts now. They want some interest before they start a production run. Let me know if you are interested.

Like these but with flat head rather than countersunk.

www.konradboarding.com/product-page/click-nut-m8x35mm
Jeroensurf
Jeroensurf
1150 posts
1150 posts
9 May 2025 3:12pm
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
9 May 2025 3:42pm
Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...




Hmmm

Cornishryan
Cornishryan
WA
189 posts
WA, 189 posts
9 May 2025 3:43pm
Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...




The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
13 May 2025 10:29am
Cornishryan said..

Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...





The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.


Will be available in 4 weeks.
pacoz
pacoz
99 posts
99 posts
13 May 2025 3:19pm
Yeah very annoying, it was even a challenge getting long/short enough bolts with the correct driver for my inflatable board.

I don't know why they build them like that, every other mast that I know of is with countersunk.

I'd be interested too anyway, hope they build more different lengths.
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
13 May 2025 5:45pm
pacoz said..I'd be interested too anyway, hope they build more different lengths.


35mm I hope. I have deep boxes in my Smik boards
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
13 May 2025 5:47pm
pacoz said..I don't know why they build them like that, every other mast that I know of is with countersunk.


Very French
Velocicraptor
Velocicraptor
896 posts
896 posts
13 May 2025 9:03pm
I heard that they had some warranty claims from people who had incorrectly mounted their masts with thee countersunk bolts that weren't seated correctly. If the bolt isn't seated it can come loose and put undue stress on the other mount points. More user-error than actual manufacturing or design flaw, but they decided to redesign it to make it idiot proof. My masts both have countersunk bolts and I have had zero issues.

I've often found myself having to bum bolts off people if I lose or forget one. Easy fix with a countersunk m8 but would be annoying to have a proprietary design that nobody in the parking lot has.
BWalnut
BWalnut
WA
1326 posts
WA, 1326 posts
13 May 2025 11:47pm
Agree. My countersunk bolts are great and while I totally understand the reasoning for the design change I hope they decide to switch back in the future.
FoilKook
FoilKook
1 posts
1 posts
19 May 2025 6:23am
I'd love a pair
pacoz
pacoz
99 posts
99 posts
8 Jun 2025 8:23pm
hilly said..

Cornishryan said..


Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...






The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.



Will be available in 4 weeks.


Did you get any updates on that?
Leighbreeze
Leighbreeze
WA
560 posts
WA, 560 posts
8 Jun 2025 9:09pm
hilly said..
Anyone who rides AFS want tool free mast adjustment?

I am trying to get Konrad to make click nuts for AFS as they only make them for countersunk bolts now. They want some interest before they start a production run. Let me know if you are interested.

Like these but with flat head rather than countersunk.

www.konradboarding.com/product-page/click-nut-m8x35mm


Hey Hilly
Yes I'm keen for an AFS set.M8 x 35mm
I have messaged James a few months ago regarding them.
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
8 Jun 2025 9:29pm
pacoz said..

hilly said..


Cornishryan said..



Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...







The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.




Will be available in 4 weeks.



Did you get any updates on that?


Not yet
UliSommerlatt
UliSommerlatt
24 posts
24 posts
9 Jun 2025 1:06pm
Another work around is to keep everything as you have it and just use a Micro T40 tool. In case they are Torx T40, just wear it around the wrist and tuck it in your sleeve. northactionsports.com/products/sonar-t40-micro-tool?srsltid=AfmBOoo8kS1Sqo_zmj_6lhEezX_6-iSbdsw9RrR4cTsRvr16452hmcM6







pacoz
pacoz
99 posts
99 posts
9 Jun 2025 5:10pm
Ah that looks good. Until now I carry a key in the pocket of my impact vest, but I need to hold this, which is not ideal when in the water. I'll order this.
Leighbreeze
Leighbreeze
WA
560 posts
WA, 560 posts
22 Jun 2025 7:22am
hilly said..

pacoz said..


hilly said..



Cornishryan said..




Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...








The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.





Will be available in 4 weeks.




Did you get any updates on that?



Not yet

Any update from James regarding adjustable screws?
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
22 Jun 2025 7:30am
Leighbreeze said..

hilly said..


pacoz said..



hilly said..




Cornishryan said..





Jeroensurf said..
My AFS UHM80 mast is countersunk...









The old masts were countersunk - They are now being made flat with small recess for the head to sit in.

I'd be keen on a set Hilly.






Will be available in 4 weeks.





Did you get any updates on that?




Not yet


Any update from James regarding adjustable screws?


Not yet
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
5 Sep 2025 1:18pm
www.konradboarding.com/product-page/afs-m8x30mm-click-nut-set-of-4

Very impressed with the quality of this product.









pacoz
pacoz
99 posts
99 posts
18 Aug 2026 5:31pm
I also have these click nuts and I'm quite happy with them. Bought in December 2025. So I ordered a second pair about a month ago in order to use for my pumpfoil board.

I placed the order, paid and received an order confirmation. However this has been a month ago and since it's radio silence, no tracking number, no nothing. I wrote them several e-mails, no response. Does anybody know if they are still in business or what is going on?
dieseagull
dieseagull
NSW
250 posts
NSW, 250 posts
20 Aug 2026 10:50am
UliSommerlatt said..
Another work around is to keep everything as you have it and just use a Micro T40 tool. In case they are Torx T40, just wear it around the wrist and tuck it in your sleeve. northactionsports.com/products/sonar-t40-micro-tool?srsltid=AfmBOoo8kS1Sqo_zmj_6lhEezX_6-iSbdsw9RrR4cTsRvr16452hmcM6









Off topic and slightly late to the party but I had one of these and couldn't get enough torque on the tiny little tool to undo tightly fastened bolts. Maybe I've just got weak thumbs. I ride with a foilbuddy now which is still small enough but provides way more leverage.
hilly
hilly
WA
8203 posts
WA, 8203 posts
23 Aug 2026 6:06pm
New tool on the market

www.hydroset.com.au/

Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply