ms568 forum posts in last 60 days

Reply in Topic: Parawing Light Wind Jibe
ms568
ms568
2 posts
2 posts
30 Sep 2026 2:47pm
Its all about line tension. I ride my code 1725s, PT skin 7.3m and a +25L midlength. Im 110kg wet. I can get going in around 8-10 knots.

I struggled for many sessions trying to gybe big Bertha (7.3m) and even talked to 777 about it. The best method so far is to go crosswind and aim slightly upwind to increase line tension. Then bring the parawing down low horizontally into the power zone and swap your hands, use your backhand to swipe down on the outer brake or c - line as your front hand lifts the parawing up, this rotates the parawing on its axis, then let the board carve around under the parawing. Do not forget to pump continuously. If you lose line tension its over. If it stalls you can recover if you are carrying enough speed from pumping to reinflate the para as you bear crosswind on the new tack.
Reply in Topic: PPC Orbit parawing
ms568
ms568
2 posts
2 posts
30 Sep 2026 2:38pm
Replying to Bryan here. Do you really think the top end of the orbit 3.5m is the same as the hybrid 4.3m? Assuming hooked in on both.
At 110kg wet I can take the hybrid 4.3m into over 30knots where it just gets better and better right before I can’t hold it down. I tried a friends hybrid 3.1m but I found there was a huge gap in low end between the sizes (that’s probably not an issue for a 70-80kg rider). So I just bought an orbit 3.5m to give me some overlap with the hybrid 4.3m and to take me further into the mid 30’s.

The orbit 3.5m should arrive next week so I’m looking forward to writing up a heavy rider comparison to the hybrid 4.3m and hybrid 3.1m.

Also can you define “playfulness” for when you are describing a particular parawing?