Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 Dec 2022 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Summer time junky 1ft dumpers at Trigg... I went out for a paddle to loosen up the stiffness from surfing 3hrs yesterday. Water was beautiful; surf: 1/10 - good day for the learners as you could walk all the way out.

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
30 Dec 2022 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah it looked like 1/10. 1.5/10 required before I'll wax up. Hasn't been as high as 1.5 for weeks.

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
1 Jan 2023 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

Happy days. Got a few between the rocks in the wind yesty, and due, no doubt, to a camera outage, I had a fun grovel by myself to see the year in. A sign of the year to come?
2/10 yesty. 1.5/10 this morn. There were better waves, as it turned out, but the flock numbers and fin repositioning opportunities were just too much for me. Was a fun 1.5. Yew.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Jan 2023 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Well I thought I might wait for the tide to fill in a little bit - so went down at 8:30am... sadly, it looked less than 1/10 with the shallow waist high dumpers and hundreds of soft-toppers going straight. Walked from Trigg Island down to Peasholm dog beach and back over approx 90min and did not see a single wave be trimmed... all dumpers. Point packed living up to it's name - might have been 3/10 if you could take off without one of the 60 other grovellers getting in your way... Came home to do stuff around the house

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
2 Jan 2023 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks. Confirmed my fears. Glad I stayed in bed.

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
11 Jan 2023 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Got away to our Favourite Northern neighbours over the late December till yesterday.unfortunately a family trip meaning surfing trips were light on. After grovelling in onshore slop at Padma ( three surfs..luckily b4 the Croc came ashore.Bali scale 0.5/10. Perth scale 6/10) also came across an unfortunate soul who had lost their game of life at Padma during an early optimistic surf check and then onshore Playgrounds for 3 surfs (1.5/10. 7/10) After family appeasement I begged and Huey smiled and I got a trip in with old mate Jim from Baliwaves. Up the East coast we got forecast 3-4ft clean rising into some easy double head high set waves. Cloud went from 4 on the point to about 20 in the middle section when the JapanGang and their guides turned up.

Photos courtesy of Ketut ( Baliwaves ) and myself.

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
11 Jan 2023 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice report Mocha.
Waves look great

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
11 Jan 2023 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Welcome back to reality, sucker

Fred Rubble
WA, 96 posts
20 Jan 2023 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Surf report is Groundhog Day
half ft and crowded
On another note
For those surfing or visiting Trigg. The parking inspectors are on a rampage giving out tickets to any cars with improvised parking
On verges, turn around lanes, sand patch on side of the road etc
Looks like they were frothing as the beaches are packed

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
20 Jan 2023 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Under 1m on all WA surf bouys

Fred Rubble
WA, 96 posts
1 Mar 2023 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Flat as a pancake
Same tomorrow
And the next day
And the day after that
etc etc

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
8 Mar 2023 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Quick trip to Lombok
scored good fun waves for 4-5 days (3-6ft) early morning surfs with 12 out, 9-12 you would be sharing with 50+ Euros ( the only good thing being it nearly 60% Ingas to 40% Ivan..warm water = G Bangers). Could sneak a lunchtime surf in with under 20 before true mayhem for the last hour of light.good time for a Binnie or 6.

huey found out we were there and gradually turned the tap off until last 2 days were flattest I have ever seen south Lombok. We hunted several small swell secret spots, put in the hours and km but to no avail..but did get to see parts of the coast we haven't seen due to there always being surfing to be done. Even ventured to the waterfalls for adventure.

the Super Bikes GP was on at the Mandalika track and nights in Kuta were very soothing on the optic, stunning ladies from every corner of Europe .

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
12 Mar 2023 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

LSL? Livin' the dream.

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
20 Mar 2023 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Huey done did good today
swell, period, wind and pretty good banks.

ReefWalker
WA, 115 posts
23 Mar 2023 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Got away to our Favourite Northern neighbours over the late December till yesterday.unfortunately a family trip meaning surfing trips were light on. After grovelling in onshore slop at Padma ( three surfs..luckily b4 the Croc came ashore.Bali scale 0.5/10. Perth scale 6/10) also came across an unfortunate soul who had lost their game of life at Padma during an early optimistic surf check and then onshore Playgrounds for 3 surfs (1.5/10. 7/10) After family appeasement I begged and Huey smiled and I got a trip in with old mate Jim from Baliwaves. Up the East coast we got forecast 3-4ft clean rising into some easy double head high set waves. Cloud went from 4 on the point to about 20 in the middle section when the JapanGang and their guides turned up.

Photos courtesy of Ketut ( Baliwaves ) and myself.

I love that spot. It's Jim's go-to spot on the east coast.
Sad to hear that it has been discovered by the surf schools. I've had it completely empty a few times and it's awesome, especially considering how close it is to some crowded spots!!

Razzonater
2224 posts
4 Apr 2023 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Had two good surfs in three months
had 10 ordinary ones sort of fun on the mal for 3-4 of them

This autumn is a disgrace
ive been working 9-5
I'm a full weekend warrior since christmas

its not working out
in fact it's all quite grim
Meamwhile the lads down south have had light winds and 1.3-1.6 metre swell for months

its not looking like getting better

Fred Rubble
WA, 96 posts
5 Apr 2023 6:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Had two good surfs in three months
had 10 ordinary ones sort of fun on the mal for 3-4 of them

This autumn is a disgrace
ive been working 9-5
I'm a full weekend warrior since christmas

its not working out
in fact it's all quite grim
Meamwhile the lads down south have had light winds and 1.3-1.6 metre swell for months

its not looking like getting better

The wave pool is the light at the end of the tunnel
Even if you'd only be able to afford it once a month it would still be better than most days in Perth.
Surfing this autumn has been almost non existent.
The sand is in the worst place and with no swell on the horizon the outlook looks bleak
Time for a trip away i think

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
5 Apr 2023 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

I seriously think I have forgotten how to surf! I will be so rusty when the swell finally comes. It used to be that late March and April were almost guaranteed for surf (in Perth) - last year it was July before we got anything decent. I don't think I have ever seen such a long flat spell at this time of year...

bobin
WA, 35 posts
5 Apr 2023 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Been loads of waves.- the crowd most mornings at trigg indicates it's better than pipeline on a really good day

bobin
WA, 35 posts
5 Apr 2023 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Been loads of waves.- the crowd most mornings at trigg indicates it's better than pipeline on a really good day

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
19 Apr 2023 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Some siiiiiiiiiik fooooooooly siiiiiiiik sessions up the coast last couple of days.
Sunday, Monday and Today saw 70 waves racked up, 22 km paddled, 4km worth of waves. A few 150+ m rides and a few bazzas, including a double Baz wave today..fortunately witnessed by a mate as he arrived, told me of the wave he saw and the double barrel the bloke got.yeaaaaah bayyybeeeee that was me.. crowd numbers minimal too.

JulianRoss
WA, 542 posts
21 Apr 2023 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Some siiiiiiiiiik fooooooooly siiiiiiiik sessions up the coast last couple of days.
Sunday, Monday and Today saw 70 waves racked up, 22 km paddled, 4km worth of waves. A few 150+ m rides and a few bazzas, including a double Baz wave today..fortunately witnessed by a mate as he arrived, told me of the wave he saw and the double barrel the bloke got.yeaaaaah bayyybeeeee that was me.. crowd numbers minimal too.

Nice numbers... are you using a garmin or ripcurl watch?

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
21 Apr 2023 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

mocha1 said..

Nice numbers... are you using a garmin or ripcurl watch?

Old rip curl GPS1 got it on FB Marketplace for $100 a coupla years ago

Buster fin
WA, 2574 posts
24 Jul 2023 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

We finally get waves but there is no mention here. Quick, break out the defibrillator, this topic is flatlining.

JulianRoss
WA, 542 posts
9 Aug 2023 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

today is worth a paddle...

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
21 Aug 2023 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

a few from further north

Fred Rubble
WA, 96 posts
30 Apr 2024 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone remember what a real wave looks like
I think Huey has forgotten about us

JulianRoss
WA, 542 posts
8 May 2024 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Fred Rubble said..
Can anyone remember what a real wave looks like
I think Huey has forgotten about us

It's been a barren few months.... sigh

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
9 May 2024 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

#hueyisanRsole

see if abuse works

drinking heavily hasn't

maybe need to sacrifice a mates board

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
11 Jun 2024 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thought I'd breathe a bit of life back in to the thread. Here's some pics from a little road trip a couple of weeks back. Buggered if I know how to get the pics the right way up though.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie