Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
berowne said..

AUS4 said..

berowne said..
How was it? got windy in Sydney!

You must have been in another Sydney.

SGSC had 8-15 knots.

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0ZvUhEySbeya7U9nCQ6CeaH4RnQh3AQjwrcgbGXtin8dtne3ksYxRk6evNwMxuTKAl&id=100014628632277

So what are you showing me ...that I have to buy a Foiling Moth?

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
20 Nov 2022 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

For anyone coming to the Myall Lake event this year, i'm not sure the ferry is back yet. If you plan to go through Hawks Nest, and Mungo Brush, might have to sail over!

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
21 Nov 2022 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Ok I just went up for a look. Allegedly, the ferry is back there after being removed for scheduled servicing. But I couldn't see it as the road was closed. I guess people will be accessing this event site through Bulladelah so it's not relevant.
But we live in Hawks Nest - short trip for us if we drive up and sail over from Mungo instead of driving around the highway. Roads are nuts these days. I think sailing is safer

byronmc
NSW, 501 posts
24 Nov 2022 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Most will drive up or down the highway but as a local please keep us informed if you here of the punt opening.
hope to catch up with you there.

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
26 Nov 2022 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

We usually sail at Jimmie's Beach Hawks Nest.
Flat water in NE wind. Friday they are calling SE wind.
I've never sailed in chop!
I hope that punt is going as it might be faster than me navigating my way over while learning chop on the RS1.
Looking forward to seeing the action.
Hope it goes well.

GPSWindsurfing
87 posts
27 Nov 2022 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

We are in count down mode for Heat 3 of the Series incorporating the NSW State Slalom Titles @ Myall Lakes, this coming long weekend (Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December).

This is a not to be missed long weekend of sailing, racing and relaxing at one of NSW best sailing locations.

We are anticipating a great turn out with many first timer slalom entrants from NSW, and some competitors coming from as far a field as Brisbane.

We encourage any individual out there who wants to come and have a look or take part, even if it's only for a single day to get a taste of what our events and series is all about. (Please reach out if you want or can only come for one day and we can do you a special deal to have a go). Come along and lets make sailboard racing and events great again.

For those whom haven't been to Bombah Point (Myall Shores) you have 2 options of getting there;

goo.gl/maps/d3MExwp7eNfEaRa58

1. From Hawks Nest, Via Ferry (Which has been confirmed to be running on 1/2 hourly basis)
2. From Buladelah via Bombah Point Rd (Note sections of this are gravel road)

Regarding accommodation options;
www.nrmaparksandresorts.com.au/myall-shores/
Alternative location Bulahdelah with caravan park and hotel/motel options which is 15-20 minutes drive or Hawkes Nest which would involve small daily ferry crossing
www.big4.com.au/caravan-parks/nsw/north-coast/river-myall-holiday-resort

Info and Registration
www.windsurfingnsw.com/classes/slalom/

Current forecast models are looking reasonable with SE - NE breezes forecast, so there should be plenty of sailing to be had.

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
28 Nov 2022 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPSWindsurfing said..

We encourage any individual out there who wants to come and have a look or take part,

Cool!
Thats me, never been to an event.
Keen to go up for a sail on Wednesday and maybe Thursday, plus the race days for a look, and possibly sail those days too.

I've sent an email to Byron for some info.
Also happy to go to the the event site and badger sailors there to figure it out pre-race.

mobdog, another local should be up there on Sunday too. I'm working on getting others keen. There are only a handful of us left in Hawks Nest now.

All the pro's better be worried about us. Look, here is how good i am! Showing high skill crash avoidance manoeuvre while learning gybes -misjudged - overconfident, i planned to go give them a high five with back hand during rig flip mid carve, i could see it, but pretty quick all i could see was - 'yeah nah i'm just gonna crash em broadside'

where you look is where you go i guess, see you at the Lake!
TIA

aus201
63 posts
28 Nov 2022 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

I almost missed out on accomodation for this event due to stuff-up by resort booking person. Back in March I booked a unit and paid deposit. On Friday I called Myall Shores to confirm the dates I had booked, they weren't on my receipt, only to be told that the unit was not available for booking and they had had booked it to me by mistake - it's still not repaired from the flood a couple of years ago.
They offered me a staff cabin or a powered site. As I have a caravan I took the powered site #24. Some mention of it being near Murray?
Now I need to get my van up to scratch as it hasn't been used for a couple of years - Myall the year before last.
As for dates, I'll be there from Thursday to, possibly, Monday.
If there's a no wind day can someone do a school for setting up Garmin watches? LOL.

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
28 Nov 2022 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aus201 said..
can someone do a school for setting up Garmin watches? LOL.

Good idea. I've been using Garmin connect with windsurfer app for social sailing. Thats easy and fun. Yet to figure out what they use for race.

AUS201, bugger about the accom stuff up. Yes it's been messy up there, floods, staff shortages due to local housing etc. Wheels falling off like lots of things lately.

mick13B
6 posts
28 Nov 2022 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

AUS201 you are camped next to the fast forward boys on # 23 best beach and rigging area all grass

aus201
63 posts
28 Nov 2022 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mick13B said..
AUS201 you are camped next to the fast forward boys on # 23 best beach and rigging area all grass

#24 is across the road from #21 but close enough.

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
28 Nov 2022 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

I just saw someone else with gear on roof coming into town - I work in Tea Gardens servo - I see everything here! He said they have a small event from the the Wells camp ground at Mungo, across the lake from Myall Shores.
A group of about 12 LT's I think he said.

Shaping up for a cool weekend I reckon. Since they are there, I might look at sailing over from the Wells on Wednesday. See how it looks anyway. Might be hard in straight east wind.
yeeeha!

MobZ
NSW, 288 posts
29 Nov 2022 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

If anyone is staying on next week, Monday is looking like a cracker at Jimmies Beach.
Bit hard to access now since parking got limited near the caravan park and thats the best launch spot.
It is still doable from there but involves some carrying of gear.
We have been driving 4x4 on the beach and rigging on sand there.

jamesf
NSW, 990 posts
30 Nov 2022 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Just two more sleeps until the action kicks off!

If you haven't already entered the series, please pre-register here - only $75 for 3 days of racing:
marmongpointsc.square.site/#giNmHd

Some pics from last summers event to whet your appetite:

byronmc
NSW, 501 posts
1 Dec 2022 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone wanting information can contact me on 0439720148. Byron
weekend looking great going up today to get things organised .
looking forward to catching up with everyone.
hoping to see some QLD make the trip to this beautiful place.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7965 posts
1 Dec 2022 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jamesf said..
Just two more sleeps until the action kicks off!

If you haven't already entered the series, please pre-register here - only $75 for 3 days of racing:
marmongpointsc.square.site/#giNmHd

Some pics from last summers event to whet your appetite:

Great shots ,especially the one of Ric!

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
2 Dec 2022 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Some good racing today. 9 races done! Gusty SE 5-15k knots definately favoured the foils!

Especially enjoyable if you make your gybes!

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
2 Dec 2022 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

byronmc
NSW, 501 posts
4 Dec 2022 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

wow what a weekend. 12 slalom races and 6 GPS results = very happy and tired people.
racing 3 days plus the day before.
people from all over including interstate.
great sailing a beautiful place and allot off socializing pretty hard to beat.
results and full write up soon.
A big thanks to volunteers to run this event hats off. Also Mick & Russel Forward for the finish boat and the event and series sponsor kite & sup foil board sports.

byronmc
NSW, 501 posts
5 Dec 2022 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
byronmc said..
wow what a weekend. 12 slalom races and 6 GPS results = very happy and tired people.
racing 3 days plus the day before.
people from all over including interstate.
great sailing a beautiful place and allot off socializing pretty hard to beat.
results and full write up soon.
A big thanks to volunteers to run this event hats off. Also Mick & Russel Forward for the finish boat and the event and series sponsor kite & sup foil board sports.

Next year booked in Myal shores holiday park Friday 1st December till Saturday 3rd December.
so save the date and book in now.

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
7 Dec 2022 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Big shout out to Jeff for volunteering on the boat and also eFoiling around to get some great video coverage during the GPS Challenges!

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
7 Dec 2022 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Races 1 to 3 before the GoPro went flat...

Heaps more videos from the day going to my chanel. I doubt I'll get a chance to make a good edit so keep an eye out here for more:
www.youtube.com/@Berowne

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
8 Dec 2022 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Over 70 Video Cuts from the long weekend. See if you can find your favourites.... or yourself!
Make sure you LIKE & SUBSCRIBE to my channel!

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrHB6IE31HOtyJtNdy8u6XB-lOmmoRnV5

Thanks to Murry for the 2nd GoPro 360 and Jeff for buzzing around on the eFoil!

Thanks
Berowne

byronmc
NSW, 501 posts
8 Dec 2022 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

photos.app.goo.gl/Aa2yFMx7bbjNpgcx6

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
9 Dec 2022 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Some great photos there... thanks Ruth!

Dezza
NSW, 923 posts
10 Dec 2022 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Can we see the results please? Any chance we can also see some of Glenn's pics from the finish line too? Thanks!

GPSWindsurfing
87 posts
10 Dec 2022 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Whats a weekend, I'd say some of the best and most slalom races we have done, plenty of close battles.

GPS results to follow

aus201
63 posts
12 Dec 2022 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

My name is missing?

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
13 Dec 2022 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dezza said..
Can we see the results please? Any chance we can also see some of Glenn's pics from the finish line too? Thanks!

Dezza... yes as soon as I can get through and post the good ones. Won't be long.
Got distracted windsurfing!

berowne
NSW, 1265 posts
14 Dec 2022 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

700 Photos on my Google box:
photos.app.goo.gl/GdZHWUxnQckky25A7

Thanks Glen for taking these photos from the Water... great effort!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"NSW Wind Series 2022 - 2023" started by GPSWindsurfing