Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6556 posts
1 Nov 2017 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Oh, There's waves. You just aren't looking hard enough, or you need to lower your expectations.

Of coarse their is, after blowing out my calf muscle i will be out for some time, it should start to be all time

Buster fin
WA, 1498 posts
1 Nov 2017 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Buster fin said..
Oh, There's waves. You just aren't looking hard enough, or you need to lower your expectations.

Of coarse their is, after blowing out my calf muscle i will be out for some time, it should start to be all time

Excellent

jbshack
WA, 6556 posts
3 Nov 2017 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Jake managed some waves yesterday.

This was on GWN so many metro locals will have missed it so just thought id share..

GPA
WA, 2237 posts
4 Nov 2017 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

OK - so on that advice I lowered my expectations and headed North with the mal...

So even armed with a 9'6" and some desperation that was woeful. To give you some measure, at 8:15am there was no one else in the water, and this did not change until about 9:30am when a group of three teens came out.

0.5/10 - and the 0.5 was for water temp

Buster fin
WA, 1498 posts
4 Nov 2017 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Buster fin said..

OK - so on that advice I lowered my expectations and headed North with the mal...

So even armed with a 9'6" and some desperation that was woeful. To give you some measure, at 8:15am there was no one else in the water, and this did not change until about 9:30am when a group of three teens came out.

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

Buster fin said..

Two days too late. Not wven a drive out of town will ensure sanity for the next week.

DARTH
WA, 2525 posts
9 Nov 2017 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Flat or onshore

GPA
WA, 2237 posts
9 Nov 2017 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

single wave sets maxing out at waist high every 20min. so small when they hit the gutter they would just fatten up or flatten out...

Buster fin
WA, 1498 posts
9 Nov 2017 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^^Oh! I'm glad we weren't at the same place then. 3/10 AM 4/10 PM

LateStarter
WA, 557 posts
10 Nov 2017 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

No waves anywhere lately, the summer bummer is here until at least April.

Great golf weather at the moment, tell all your mates...

DARTH
WA, 2525 posts
15 Nov 2017 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Sunday maybe

jbshack
WA, 6556 posts
Wednesday , 15 Nov 2017 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..
Sunday maybe

AT least a few more weeks for me..Not surfed since 14th Oct

How people go more than a couple of weeks with out it does my head in

DARTH
WA, 2525 posts
Wednesday , 15 Nov 2017 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Sunday maybe

Yea Im on my limit now had a quick surf on Saturday then traded my old board on a near new second hand one

GPA
WA, 2237 posts
Wednesday , 15 Nov 2017 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Sunday maybe

Yea Im on my limit now had a quick surf on Saturday then traded my old board on a near new second hand one

Well, I went down for a desperado look with the mal this morning and it was woeful. When there was a 'wave' it was barely waist high and then just closed out on a shallow bank. There were about 10 guys out at 3rd Car Park Trigg...and surf school splashing about at 2nd CP. I went to the pool and swam laps!

Buster fin
WA, 1498 posts
Wednesday , 15 Nov 2017 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

DARTH said..

jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Sunday maybe

Well, I went down for a desperado look with the mal this morning and it was woeful. When there was a 'wave' it was barely waist high and then just closed out on a shallow bank. There were about 10 guys out at 3rd Car Park Trigg...and surf school splashing about at 2nd CP. I went to the pool and swam laps!

I feel for ya bro!

I'm getting plenty, though!

Thanks again Huey.

jbshack
WA, 6556 posts
Thursday , 16 Nov 2017 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

GPA said..

DARTH said..

jbshack said..

DARTH said..
Sunday maybe

I feel for ya bro!

I'm getting plenty, though!

Thanks again Huey.

A few mates are having a blast currently, weird spots though but locally its like a cricket pitch waiting to be mowed..Its the only thing thats helping keep me sane..

I used to enjoy when other got waves, now though im starting to get rather annoyed..

mocha1
WA, 711 posts
Thursday , 16 Nov 2017 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Not much around but little pockets at the right time of day...unfortunately they seem to coincide with work
took a day in lieu!!! Last week (Thursday)on a punt (period rising and swell on the up.......went to first spot and was unpleasantly surprised at its crapness ......punted on second option and well rewarded..good 3-4ft offshore 6 others, well behaved, good vibe.....even had it with just me and a mate for last hour....counter lunch and a beer as cream on the top
even nicer when it's a work day

mocha1
WA, 711 posts
Thursday , 16 Nov 2017 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Not much around but little pockets at the right time of day...unfortunately they seem to coincide with work
took a day in lieu!!! Last week (Thursday)on a punt (period rising and swell on the up.......went to first spot and was unpleasantly surprised at its crapness ......punted on second option and well rewarded..good 3-4ft offshore 6 others, well behaved, good vibe.....even had it with just me and a mate for last hour....counter lunch and a beer as cream on the top
even nicer when it's a work day

Buster fin
WA, 1498 posts
Sunday , 19 Nov 2017 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

You got some today, right GPA?

GPA
WA, 2237 posts
Sunday , 19 Nov 2017 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
You got some today, right GPA?

Nope. Was at Trigg at 8:00am and just could not get excited by what was on offer. Could have copped the average surf, but the crowd put me off after i saw a couple near misses... looked down towards Scabs and it looked very straight. I know I'm being picky but once again it was pretty ordinary by anyone's standard. Washed the car and Swam 2.3km to keep the paddle fitness up...

Zuke
854 posts
Monday , 20 Nov 2017 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Here's one from last week. Not very pretty to look at but plenty of fun was had. My standards must be lower than most....

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie