Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
20 Jan 2018 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

We're all glad you got a few, aren't we guys? Guys?? Oh well, welcome home.

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
23 Jan 2018 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

I'm glad that almost everyone is taking these *marginal* conditions for granted.

More joy for the true afcionados to enjoy.

TimKay
635 posts
24 Jan 2018 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

Had the displeasure of sharing a crowded line up with a foil this morning.
His first wave, face plant
2nd wave, belly flop on the rails
3rd wave, scare the hell out of the grommets with another stack and big blade heading skyward
As I mentioned before. They will tell you "I can now Surf those out of the way places where nobody is out" blah blah blah
And in reality they end up out with everyone else
A disaster waiting to happen

CAUTION
WA, 1059 posts
24 Jan 2018 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TimKay said..
Had the displeasure of sharing a crowded line up with a foil this morning.
His first wave, face plant
2nd wave, belly flop on the rails
3rd wave, scare the hell out of the grommets with another stack and big blade heading skyward
As I mentioned before. They will tell you "I can now Surf those out of the way places where nobody is out" blah blah blah
And in reality they end up out with everyone else
A disaster waiting to happen

at trigg?
guy was faffing about few weeks ago there. had me scared to get within coowee...

mocha1
WA, 750 posts
25 Jan 2018 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

In bali sharing with russians chinee koreans brazzoes and the odd aussie ch 7 9 havnt scared off
got a couple at serangan amongst the 100000s only had to share a couple, few v light onshore in the arvo at Padma - tuff life

TimKay
635 posts
26 Jan 2018 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Are the Chinee in training for the Olympics

DARTH
WA, 2750 posts
30 Jan 2018 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

JulianRoss
WA, 313 posts
31 Jan 2018 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

yep, I agree..

DARTH
WA, 2750 posts
31 Jan 2018 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

DARTH said..

yep, I agree..

Its all Ive got atm.....

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
31 Jan 2018 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Even these are bigger than my local currently.

DARTH
WA, 2750 posts
31 Jan 2018 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Ripple.....

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
31 Jan 2018 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

Ripple.....

More inverted

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
31 Jan 2018 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

NO... Tell me this isn't the much hyped wave in Joondalup... Please.

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
1 Feb 2018 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Sadly for the time being yes.. They have different moulds they insert and the mould for the larger wave was not up to scratch so is being re made and to be delivered still..

JulianRoss
WA, 313 posts
1 Feb 2018 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Buster fin said..

Sadly for the time being yes.. They have different moulds they insert and the mould for the larger wave was not up to scratch so is being re made and to be delivered still..

is that why the kid in the red hat is hanging his head in frustration?

DARTH
WA, 2750 posts
7 Feb 2018 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Bumps on the weekend??

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
7 Feb 2018 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Bumps today for those lucky enough to have had the time. Particularly Perfs bestest point break.

JulianRoss
WA, 313 posts
8 Feb 2018 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

snuck out for a lunchtime surf.. No wind, small waves, a bit of a wall, a seal tossing a fish around and a sting ray swimming underneath my board. I might have even caught a wave..

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
8 Feb 2018 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

I got something with the help of the wind.

It's nice to be wet.

bretto456
12 posts
10 Feb 2018 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Just met my first foil in the flesh at Perth's most secret southern beach break (home). Was pushing the kids into a couple when a #@$#head pumps his foil through the flats a foot from my 7 & 9 year old, struggling to be in control. 'What's that Dad', 'Stay away and duck deep!!!'. Need to cull these quickly, before they breed!!!!

Yews
3 posts
10 Feb 2018 11:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bretto456 said..
Just met my first foil in the flesh at Perth's most secret southern beach break (home). Was pushing the kids into a couple when a #@$#head pumps his foil through the flats a foot from my 7 & 9 year old, struggling to be in control. 'What's that Dad', 'Stay away and duck deep!!!'. Need to cull these quickly, before they breed!!!!

Tell your groms to harden up brah foils are hay as ****. But soft dads are even gayer

TimKay
635 posts
11 Feb 2018 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Bretto must of hit a nerve if Yews had to register just to make this his first comment

Nathe
WA, 308 posts
11 Feb 2018 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

He's already changed his name . When I first read it he was something dog and his profile pick was of some crab riding a fat left. I bet he secretly owns a foil

Legion
WA, 2167 posts
14 Feb 2018 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

I've seen a foil a bunch lately too. Aqua board. The rider has gotten a lot better but I still cringe every time he takes a wave in proximity to other people. Wondering how long until he chops someone in half.

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
16 Feb 2018 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

How can people foil and not hit the bottom, i hit a rock with a 7" single fin yesterday..

After driving to Lano (needed to go to ledge for work) finding it blown out, headed back to a local Northern metro reef. Finally had my drought of waves broken and was very happy to get wet. Mind you the arms are weaker than ever and thats saying something for me..

Took me a few hilarious moments (for the onlookers) to get out on the rock ledge as i was too lazy to paddle 50 feet down the beach, but still happy to have got out, and not too badly burnt..

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
18 Feb 2018 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

I thought I had had a bit of fun this arvo in the mediocre slop, then I see the carnage in Qld and feel all underwhelmed... Us Perthians are like the Ethiopians of the surfing world.

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
20 Feb 2018 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

So my son and i had our first go at Aloha SUrf. I say first as it was cool, a bit different but really enjoyable. Cant wait to get back again.

Just the two of us and it was an interesting workout..

They have started playing with bigger waves, had it up around waist high yesterday testing and today for the public.

Buster fin
WA, 1703 posts
20 Feb 2018 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Pricing?

mocha1
WA, 750 posts
20 Feb 2018 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Could almost pay for the knee high wind slop it is producing at the moment.....at least it's putting in more effort than Huey is
cmon Huey you bastard LIFT

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
20 Feb 2018 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Pricing?

I had a few passes bought for me by my sister for birthday. But they are $45 for 30 min

They can have up to 12 people at once, but as i said it was just my son and me.. 6 would be a good number as you'd get a rest..

Its a laugh for sure, but a few guys i have seen are absolutely smoking it..

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie