Magic
rode my vanguard
sorry people of the point and seconds/not sorry

couple hollow ones......

JulianRoss
WA, 312 posts
9 May 2018 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of lunch time keepers.... worth a paddle.

Razzonater
1606 posts
9 May 2018 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Northern left reef not too bad
must say full car park and 35 in the water with only one of three peaks working was a bit of a shock on a weekday

Souwester
WA, 901 posts
9 May 2018 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

2h morning surf on Tuesday - sooo good to be able to have a good session to dial in some technique.

The dawnie scramble or even the weekend scramble does not lend itself to getting into rhythm, barely have time to stretch on the above mentioned sessions.

Stretched, watched the break for a bit and paddled out, pretty mellow small crew, plenty of waves coming through. Took off on a couple early and was a bit rusty then it started to come together. Feet were finding the sweet spots, some rail to rail transition etc..

The wave is a fun set up, really bends at you and is steep and fast enough for a hoot as you take off. Reef below but nothing too serious.

At about 2 hours I was absolutely buggered and a couple of people paddled out and changed the vibe by going up the inside every time - it was time to bail - stopped off at a local cafe, had a nice greasy brekky and 2 coffees, read a surf mag and then went and picked up my little boy from Daycare and hung out with him til my wife came home from work..

Best birthday i have had in a while - found a formula that I am keen to replicate, the same one as Fathers Day.

Morning Surf and Breakfast (in total allow 6am - 11am), have a nap and then do whatever family duties you need to.

Slept very well!

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
10 May 2018 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
2h morning surf on Tuesday - sooo good to be able to have a good session to dial in some technique.

The dawnie scramble or even the weekend scramble does not lend itself to getting into rhythm, barely have time to stretch on the above mentioned sessions.

Stretched, watched the break for a bit and paddled out, pretty mellow small crew, plenty of waves coming through. Took off on a couple early and was a bit rusty then it started to come together. Feet were finding the sweet spots, some rail to rail transition etc..

The wave is a fun set up, really bends at you and is steep and fast enough for a hoot as you take off. Reef below but nothing too serious.

At about 2 hours I was absolutely buggered and a couple of people paddled out and changed the vibe by going up the inside every time - it was time to bail - stopped off at a local cafe, had a nice greasy brekky and 2 coffees, read a surf mag and then went and picked up my little boy from Daycare and hung out with him til my wife came home from work..

Best birthday i have had in a while - found a formula that I am keen to replicate, the same one as Fathers Day.

Morning Surf and Breakfast (in total allow 6am - 11am), have a nap and then do whatever family duties you need to.

Slept very well!

Were tempting you back..

Souwester
WA, 901 posts
10 May 2018 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Such a good wave, best thing is that I like it the most on forecasts most don't rate it on so I win most times

DARTH
WA, 2747 posts
14 May 2018 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Few nice waves around last weekend

Razzonater
1606 posts
14 May 2018 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Me and a mate surfed this for 3 hours this morning wind got cleaner it got hollow as a drain pipe. 300 metres up the beach were two other guys surfing a near identical peak.
we were trading barrel for barrel hooting our heads off without a soul in site.
tomorrow is ne and there will still be enough swell.
this is the best month off in *Perth I have ever had.
( *photo not Perth)

Razzonater
1606 posts
15 May 2018 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Cooking
absolutely
cooking

DARTH
WA, 2747 posts
15 May 2018 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

^^ That's a fave spot

MickPC
6367 posts
15 May 2018 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Good score Raz. Mate & I went for a drive & had waves like your first pic yesterday before scoring fun waves at home when the swell kicked. Did another run today but the backwash was almost bigger than the waves

Razzonater
1606 posts
15 May 2018 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Couple more pics

mocha1
WA, 747 posts
15 May 2018 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sooooooo glad I got to work instead of surfing those Raz, you poor bugger !! I feel for you mate

So glad Huey is giving waves and perfect conditions weekday priority too

Buster fin
WA, 1699 posts
15 May 2018 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Were you over the moon on this past weekend?

Razzonater
1606 posts
15 May 2018 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Sooooooo glad I got to work instead of surfing those Raz, you poor bugger !! I feel for you mate

Hey mocha it's normally me either getting shot at on a helicopter going into Freeport it deep in the ground in a gold/ant mine.
I have a couple months off after my last gig of 7 years.
I remember that surfing is fun

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
15 May 2018 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

Can't you just skip it like all the kids do..

mocha1
WA, 747 posts
16 May 2018 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Goddamned gubbermint changed the LSL rules and now gotta use up in 2 yrs......which is fun at the time but......sucksdeaddingosdongggaz when you got none left and 2020 is next port of call

sickies on a school day!!!!!! Surely not

Buster fin
WA, 1699 posts
16 May 2018 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Goddamned gubbermint changed the LSL rules and now gotta use up in 2 yrs......which is fun at the time but......sucksdeaddingosdongggaz when you got none left and 2020 is next port of call

sickies on a school day!!!!!! Surely not

Lazy Sloth Legislation?

GPA
WA, 2293 posts
17 May 2018 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

Surf's up Tue/Wed... now flat heading into the weekend!

DARTH
WA, 2747 posts
17 May 2018 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

mocha1 said..

Thats super flat this weekend

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
17 May 2018 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..

mocha1 said..

Most nights up my way this week have been fun But yes flat today..

GPA
WA, 2293 posts
17 May 2018 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

CAUTION
WA, 1059 posts
18 May 2018 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Flat spell could possibly be my fault, generally when i purchase it goes this way just to test me...

DARTH
WA, 2747 posts
18 May 2018 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CAUTION said..
Flat spell could possibly be my fault, generally when i purchase it goes this way just to test me...

Sell your SUPs that could work

Razzonater
1606 posts
18 May 2018 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Next Thursday Friday swell into weekend.
looks like I will be hunting fish most of next week

DARTH
WA, 2747 posts
18 May 2018 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Next Thursday Friday swell into weekend.
looks like I will be hunting fish most of next week

Time to dust off the beach rods

Razzonater
1606 posts
18 May 2018 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

I will post fishing photos of dead fish in the esky.
everyone has been warned.
sunday-Tuesday fishing, possible unforecast spike in swell weds just a bump on the tide other than that it's a lock in on the long range for Friday/sat next week

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
18 May 2018 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
I will post fishing photos of dead fish in the esky.
everyone has been warned.
sunday-Tuesday fishing, possible unforecast spike in swell weds just a bump on the tide other than that it's a lock in on the long range for Friday/sat next week

Perfect weekend for that..

IFocus
WA, 315 posts
19 May 2018 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

Hey mocha it's normally me either getting shot at on a helicopter going into Freeport it deep in the ground in a gold/ant mine.
I have a couple months off after my last gig of 7 years.
I remember that surfing is fun

Thanks for the photos Razz waves look great.

I know guys who worked at Freeport and the stories they tell are really out there well done on getting through it

jbshack
WA, 6726 posts
20 May 2018 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Magnificent day on the water today. Especially the lunch time glass off

Found my new favourite wave and super close to home

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie