Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
8 Jul 2019 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Sunday was fun, only a few out and not too cold..

Souwester
WA, 1255 posts
8 Jul 2019 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Had a few fun waves at local metro beach on Sunday, couldn't be assed paddling against the current so just walked up and drifted down twice - worked a treat ha ha

Managed a couple of gems on back and forehand, light offshore without too many out - winning.

Razzonater
2224 posts
12 Jul 2019 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Winter tides fellas, not too early not too late, the banks are ok from trigg to Scarbs but only for about four hours a day at moment............
weekend is looking good, I'm getting out of town school holiday weekend madness

today

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
13 Jul 2019 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Great day for it! Trigg with some OK banks and good waves now and then around 2nd car park - crowd not as bad as you would expect... Mettams very clean with both lefts and rights working, with the longboard crew having some fun. Even saw a booger deep on the rights getting some nice action before bailing in front of exposed reef.

Report is road trip North was worth the effort. Going off was the claim!

Lucky buggers... I just got to watch the metro breaks for an hour...

DJMWA
WA, 342 posts
13 Jul 2019 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said..
Great day for it! Trigg with some OK banks and good waves now and then around 2nd car park - crowd not as bad as you would expect... Mettams very clean with both lefts and rights working, with the longboard crew having some fun. Even saw a booger deep on the rights getting some nice action before bailing in front of exposed reef.

Report is road trip North was worth the effort. Going off was the claim!

Lucky buggers... I just got to watch the metro breaks for an hour...

Going off you say, I think your mate was having a lend of you and rubbing it in a bit.

Jimmytwotouc
WA, 28 posts
14 Jul 2019 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Went north today around 9 had one of the funnest surfs in a long time at a very popular reef break, got lucky with the crowd
have very sore shoulders and a good sunburn

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
14 Jul 2019 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jimmytwotouc said..
Went north today around 9 had one of the funnest surfs in a long time at a very popular reef break, got lucky with the crowd
have very sore shoulders and a good sunburn

Good news. Well played.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1402 posts
15 Jul 2019 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Swell but straighter than straight banks

mocha1
WA, 930 posts
18 Jul 2019 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Huey
3 good days at a not so secret Spot....bloody water has got colder each day from Monday-glad I bought the new wettie
long lully swell but each wave worth the wait and numb toes!!!

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
25 Jul 2019 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone else think that the backwash at Perth locals has had more heft this year?

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
26 Jul 2019 5:03AM
Thumbs Up

Not sure about heft, but consistency, certainly.

Razzonater
2224 posts
27 Jul 2019 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed trigg today actually half fun mid morning still quite chilly

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
27 Jul 2019 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

The rock. No crowd, water warmer then Perth. Good session.

bagsy79
5 posts
30 Jul 2019 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of weekends ago in the deep south. Margarets doesn't have the monopoly on firing waves south of Perth

Razzonater
2224 posts
30 Jul 2019 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bagsy79 said..
A couple of weekends ago in the deep south. Margarets doesn't have the monopoly on firing waves south of Perth

Used to surf the spot just before that one a fair bit, that's where the big fish live..........lovely hidden gems along there ,,,, fickle and scary often empty and sometimes phenomenal

bagsy79
5 posts
30 Jul 2019 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

bagsy79 said..

Used to surf the spot just before that one a fair bit, that's where the big fish live..........lovely hidden gems along there ,,,, fickle and scary often empty and sometimes phenomenal

I grew up surfing this coast and have seen a few submarines over the years. Once from the lookout at this spot after a couple of hours in the water... I've still got all my fingers and toes thankfully...

Cetus
WA, 54 posts
31 Jul 2019 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bagsy79 said..

Might have to do a road trip. Cheers Bagsy!

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
31 Jul 2019 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

good up north last few days
warm & sunny
sharks very active when fishing thou, maybe underfed?

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
1 Aug 2019 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Thoughts for today:
1. The closeouts at Scabs today had me thinking more of my spine health than slotting into a cavern
2. There is a big difference between wave size at Scarborough and Cottesloe
3. My wetsuit is starting to smell. It hasn't been getting completely dry between sessions for the past few weeks. At first I though that there must have been some drying out seaweed around, but no, it's me.
4. How did we cope with long hair before the top-knot became a thing?
5. Why do some hipsters insist on not wearing a legrope. Are they allergic to nylon and Velcro, or philosophically opposed to respecting others.
6. When will I stop being a kook. It's been a while now.

Razzonater
2224 posts
4 Aug 2019 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

10-1130 at trigg today few actual proper solid ones
not real crowded and glassy quite pleasantly surprising

took the mal for a few gems and a few good slappings

Cetus
WA, 54 posts
6 Aug 2019 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Would anyone care to provide an update on the current condition of metro banks?

Zuke
901 posts
6 Aug 2019 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty straight with backwash. There were a few random waves holding up at sparrows today but that was mostly due to a broken up swell. It was nice and glassy though.

TimKay
752 posts
8 Aug 2019 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..
Thoughts for today:
1. The closeouts at Scabs today had me thinking more of my spine health than slotting into a cavern
3. My wetsuit is starting to smell. It hasn't been getting completely dry between sessions for the past few weeks. At first I though that there must have been some drying out seaweed around, but no, it's me.
5. Why do some hipsters insist on not wearing a legrope. Are they allergic to nylon and Velcro, or philosophically opposed to respecting others.

The Hipster legrope thing is painful
How stupid can one person be.

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
8 Aug 2019 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TimKay said..

JulianRoss said..
Thoughts for today:

The Hipster legrope thing is painful
How stupid can one person be.

#6 is the one that keeps me awake at night....

katana
WA, 644 posts
9 Aug 2019 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

beachies were small but super fun this morning with way less backwash than yesterday

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Aug 2019 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

First over 4hr surf session in Oz for the year, damn good fun but I could have caught as many waves in 90 minutes on other days lol. Gonna havta call, best August in years though for good wind/swell even though we're only on the 9th day. Usually nonstop devil winds

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
12 Aug 2019 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Perth metro cams looked OK today. How was it ??

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
12 Aug 2019 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Worst winter I can remember. Zero storms, zero sand, straight banks, backwash, small swell. And winter is over already.

foamie
32 posts
12 Aug 2019 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

GPA cams were a bit deceptive - was even deceptive standing on the shore. At scabs strong northerly current, 1 in 3 shoulders were makeable and of those 1 in 2 were pretty fun rights. Sun was out though and water is clear. Looked better than it was though.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
12 Aug 2019 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Well I am staying away from the temptation of the surf for a while longer - I'm only 9 weeks after a big shoulder recon, so I still have another 4 weeks away before I can start some gentle swimming... then prob a good few weeks before I can do a push-up (Ha!). I am setting myself a target of December.. and get back into it with some small Summer grovellers and hopefully progress as the conditions improve in March/April. Bali is already booked for next July

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie