Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
IFocus
WA, 582 posts
14 Aug 2019 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Worst winter I can remember. Zero storms, zero sand, straight banks, backwash, small swell. And winter is over already.

After 31/2 months out of the water (torture) got back in late last week and the boys were saying the same......sort of reassuring in a dark way still commiserations to all.

Friday was really good, I was telling all I couldn't even stand up being out for so long and being really old yada yada working the sympathy angle then after I had two really good waves got told to fu(k off......

Arms were shot by then and really couldn't get up, its a long road back.

Where were you Mick?

Good luck on your recovery GPA a few guys I know have had shoulders done and all have had good recovery's, seems the surgery has improved some what, note all have done exactly what the physios have said nothing more.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
14 Aug 2019 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Worst winter I can remember. Zero storms, zero sand, straight banks, backwash, small swell. And winter is over already.

No, while pretty bad, there have been glorious sunny, offshore, barrelly waves on occasion. I reckon last year was worse. Or was it the year before?... A worrying trend, that's for sure.

Anyway, had an hour to myself at an oft-crowded break today. It was pretty ugly and I was consciously under-gunned, but I made fun of it till the wind got extreme.

Razzonater
2224 posts
14 Aug 2019 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Geee razzonater we miss your mid week posts said no one ever whilst they were stuck at work....
Gee I'll just check seabreeze surf report on a Wednesday and see what the local wave pig has been up too was no ones thought ever....
Well fear no more my dear compadres I razzonater am so deeply involved in debt adult life and work that the mid week surf is but a dream for at least 6-12 months...
Rejoice my working class 8-5 brethren for I am one of you now , in my steel coffin driving to work each and every morning ,,, breathing in carbon monoxide whilst stuck in traffic ,,, I too am living the western Australian dream

please take this as a warning , if you are off work for a bit go and surf as much as you can

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Aug 2019 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said...
Where were you Mick?

Just been surfing locally since I got back m8. Swell hasn't been massive but like I said the swell/wind (wind mainly) has been magic for this time of year. Normally get non stop devil winds in August.

Was wondering what happened to you Razz, gratz on the new job m8.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
15 Aug 2019 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Well Razz good to see you taking one for the team and removing one person from the morning line up,

Sweet waves this morning slow but lots of fun.

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
15 Aug 2019 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Geee razzonater we miss your mid week posts said no one ever whilst they were stuck at work....
Gee I'll just check seabreeze surf report on a Wednesday and see what the local wave pig has been up too was no ones thought ever....
Well fear no more my dear compadres I razzonater am so deeply involved in debt adult life and work that the mid week surf is but a dream for at least 6-12 months...
Rejoice my working class 8-5 brethren for I am one of you now , in my steel coffin driving to work each and every morning ,,, breathing in carbon monoxide whilst stuck in traffic ,,, I too am living the western Australian dream

please take this as a warning , if you are off work for a bit go and surf as much as you can

Oh Razz, I was just thinking today in the water that the best way to maximise the stoke of a good surf is to tell someone who couldn't make it out for a wave.
It was good. Very good. Lucky I was in the water, cause my board was on fire.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
15 Aug 2019 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

Razzonater said..

Oh Razz, I was just thinking today in the water that the best way to maximise the stoke of a good surf is to tell someone who couldn't make it out for a wave.
It was good. Very good. Lucky I was in the water, cause my board was on fire.

Izzat right? It was awesome at my local today too, cause the dolphins appeared and smiled as they beckoned me onto wave of the day.

mocha1
WA, 930 posts
15 Aug 2019 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Going on weekday reports and wavecam pictures (when they don't have tech difficulties " I would suggest this winter has been very farkggging good.....however if you only get weekends then I'm in the very fgyarkin bad winter camp

Razzonater
2224 posts
15 Aug 2019 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

I'm going to pretend the comments don't hurt.......
Photos of this winter up until four weeks ago, south to north with a couple Maldives ones in there
id say it was a phenomenal winter

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1402 posts
16 Aug 2019 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics razz. It's funny how subjective the surf this winter is. I reckon it been pretty good decent swell and lots of glassy days cant complain, but yes only good if you ditching work and doing mid week run

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
16 Aug 2019 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Or being super productive in order to get out there

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
24 Aug 2019 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

How good was today?

TimKay
752 posts
24 Aug 2019 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..
How good was today?

It depends where you were

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
24 Aug 2019 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

And who was nearby.

Razzonater
2224 posts
31 Aug 2019 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Woke up it was cold and windy
drank coffee didn't even look at ocean
did anyone go out anywhere

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
31 Aug 2019 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Went out for a drive. Saw the ocean at one stage. It looked most uninviting.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
1 Sep 2019 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

It's been awesome the last few days. Not sure where everyone else is looking. Today looking good for a father's day surf

Razzonater
2224 posts
1 Sep 2019 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Greenroom said..
It's been awesome the last few days. Not sure where everyone else is looking. Today looking good for a father's day surf

Novelty spots would of been good yesterday but I am lazy
today I am going to yum cha it's captains pick

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
2 Sep 2019 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody wind

Zuke
901 posts
2 Sep 2019 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Just a little windy for the boat today! Had a look at the beaches this morning and they were nowhere near as big as the buoys were indicating.

TimKay
752 posts
9 Sep 2019 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Nothing to see here
Move on

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
9 Sep 2019 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Sep 2019 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Yep first arvo bash in a long time and very happy.. How was the weather though

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
10 Sep 2019 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

yesterday.....smoking

Zuke
901 posts
10 Sep 2019 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Winter was awesome and Spring is off to a flying start too. You have to put the effort in and do the leg work but nothing more than a (sometimes very) long day trip. Thanks Huey!

Razzonater
2224 posts
10 Sep 2019 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Magic magic weekend
i ride the magic mountain
i do the under the curl
i go in the round room
i gotta de tubular
i said a cowabunga
dis a da green room
in to da tube
it a super session
me da barrel rider
one a kook a comment per de barrel
too a many a barrel to count
howa many a barrel
soo a many a barrel
it a magic coast
hash a tag a blessed
i even bought a smashed advocado with my eggs and bacon
loco

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
12 Sep 2019 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Ummm.

Today was a joy.

MickPC
8266 posts
12 Sep 2019 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Looks really nice Razz, yeah weekend was fun

Zuke
901 posts
13 Sep 2019 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

What a week, my stoke is full! Looking good for the weekend warriors too. Good luck!

byf
WA, 512 posts
13 Sep 2019 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
What a week, my stoke is full! Looking good for the weekend warriors too. Good luck!

pics mate......pics

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie