Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
JulianRoss
WA, 419 posts
25 Jul 2019 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone else think that the backwash at Perth locals has had more heft this year?

Buster fin
WA, 1926 posts
26 Jul 2019 5:03AM
Thumbs Up

Not sure about heft, but consistency, certainly.

Razzonater
1953 posts
27 Jul 2019 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed trigg today actually half fun mid morning still quite chilly

JulianRoss
WA, 419 posts
27 Jul 2019 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

The rock. No crowd, water warmer then Perth. Good session.

bagsy79
5 posts
30 Jul 2019 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of weekends ago in the deep south. Margarets doesn't have the monopoly on firing waves south of Perth

Razzonater
1953 posts
30 Jul 2019 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bagsy79 said..
A couple of weekends ago in the deep south. Margarets doesn't have the monopoly on firing waves south of Perth

Used to surf the spot just before that one a fair bit, that's where the big fish live..........lovely hidden gems along there ,,,, fickle and scary often empty and sometimes phenomenal

bagsy79
5 posts
30 Jul 2019 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

bagsy79 said..

Used to surf the spot just before that one a fair bit, that's where the big fish live..........lovely hidden gems along there ,,,, fickle and scary often empty and sometimes phenomenal

I grew up surfing this coast and have seen a few submarines over the years. Once from the lookout at this spot after a couple of hours in the water... I've still got all my fingers and toes thankfully...

Cetus
WA, 40 posts
31 Jul 2019 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bagsy79 said..

Might have to do a road trip. Cheers Bagsy!

bolgo
WA, 833 posts
31 Jul 2019 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

good up north last few days
warm & sunny
sharks very active when fishing thou, maybe underfed?

JulianRoss
WA, 419 posts
1 Aug 2019 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Thoughts for today:
1. The closeouts at Scabs today had me thinking more of my spine health than slotting into a cavern
2. There is a big difference between wave size at Scarborough and Cottesloe
3. My wetsuit is starting to smell. It hasn't been getting completely dry between sessions for the past few weeks. At first I though that there must have been some drying out seaweed around, but no, it's me.
4. How did we cope with long hair before the top-knot became a thing?
5. Why do some hipsters insist on not wearing a legrope. Are they allergic to nylon and Velcro, or philosophically opposed to respecting others.
6. When will I stop being a kook. It's been a while now.

Razzonater
1953 posts
4 Aug 2019 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

10-1130 at trigg today few actual proper solid ones
not real crowded and glassy quite pleasantly surprising

took the mal for a few gems and a few good slappings

Cetus
WA, 40 posts
6 Aug 2019 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Would anyone care to provide an update on the current condition of metro banks?

Zuke
883 posts
6 Aug 2019 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty straight with backwash. There were a few random waves holding up at sparrows today but that was mostly due to a broken up swell. It was nice and glassy though.

TimKay
699 posts
8 Aug 2019 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..
Thoughts for today:
1. The closeouts at Scabs today had me thinking more of my spine health than slotting into a cavern
3. My wetsuit is starting to smell. It hasn't been getting completely dry between sessions for the past few weeks. At first I though that there must have been some drying out seaweed around, but no, it's me.
5. Why do some hipsters insist on not wearing a legrope. Are they allergic to nylon and Velcro, or philosophically opposed to respecting others.

The Hipster legrope thing is painful
How stupid can one person be.

JulianRoss
WA, 419 posts
8 Aug 2019 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TimKay said..

JulianRoss said..
Thoughts for today:

The Hipster legrope thing is painful
How stupid can one person be.

#6 is the one that keeps me awake at night....

katana
WA, 626 posts
9 Aug 2019 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

beachies were small but super fun this morning with way less backwash than yesterday

MickPC
6829 posts
9 Aug 2019 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

First over 4hr surf session in Oz for the year, damn good fun but I could have caught as many waves in 90 minutes on other days lol. Gonna havta call, best August in years though for good wind/swell even though we're only on the 9th day. Usually nonstop devil winds

GPA
WA, 2364 posts
12 Aug 2019 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Perth metro cams looked OK today. How was it ??

Legion
WA, 2190 posts
12 Aug 2019 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Worst winter I can remember. Zero storms, zero sand, straight banks, backwash, small swell. And winter is over already.

foamie
25 posts
12 Aug 2019 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

GPA cams were a bit deceptive - was even deceptive standing on the shore. At scabs strong northerly current, 1 in 3 shoulders were makeable and of those 1 in 2 were pretty fun rights. Sun was out though and water is clear. Looked better than it was though.

GPA
WA, 2364 posts
12 Aug 2019 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Well I am staying away from the temptation of the surf for a while longer - I'm only 9 weeks after a big shoulder recon, so I still have another 4 weeks away before I can start some gentle swimming... then prob a good few weeks before I can do a push-up (Ha!). I am setting myself a target of December.. and get back into it with some small Summer grovellers and hopefully progress as the conditions improve in March/April. Bali is already booked for next July

IFocus
WA, 395 posts
14 Aug 2019 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..
Worst winter I can remember. Zero storms, zero sand, straight banks, backwash, small swell. And winter is over already.

After 31/2 months out of the water (torture) got back in late last week and the boys were saying the same......sort of reassuring in a dark way still commiserations to all.

Friday was really good, I was telling all I couldn't even stand up being out for so long and being really old yada yada working the sympathy angle then after I had two really good waves got told to fu(k off......

Arms were shot by then and really couldn't get up, its a long road back.

Where were you Mick?

Good luck on your recovery GPA a few guys I know have had shoulders done and all have had good recovery's, seems the surgery has improved some what, note all have done exactly what the physios have said nothing more.

Buster fin
WA, 1926 posts
14 Aug 2019 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

No, while pretty bad, there have been glorious sunny, offshore, barrelly waves on occasion. I reckon last year was worse. Or was it the year before?... A worrying trend, that's for sure.

Anyway, had an hour to myself at an oft-crowded break today. It was pretty ugly and I was consciously under-gunned, but I made fun of it till the wind got extreme.

Razzonater
1953 posts
14 Aug 2019 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Geee razzonater we miss your mid week posts said no one ever whilst they were stuck at work....
Gee I'll just check seabreeze surf report on a Wednesday and see what the local wave pig has been up too was no ones thought ever....
Well fear no more my dear compadres I razzonater am so deeply involved in debt adult life and work that the mid week surf is but a dream for at least 6-12 months...
Rejoice my working class 8-5 brethren for I am one of you now , in my steel coffin driving to work each and every morning ,,, breathing in carbon monoxide whilst stuck in traffic ,,, I too am living the western Australian dream

please take this as a warning , if you are off work for a bit go and surf as much as you can

MickPC
6829 posts
14 Aug 2019 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said...
Where were you Mick?

Just been surfing locally since I got back m8. Swell hasn't been massive but like I said the swell/wind (wind mainly) has been magic for this time of year. Normally get non stop devil winds in August.

Was wondering what happened to you Razz, gratz on the new job m8.

IFocus
WA, 395 posts
Thursday , 15 Aug 2019 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Well Razz good to see you taking one for the team and removing one person from the morning line up,

Sweet waves this morning slow but lots of fun.

JulianRoss
WA, 419 posts
Thursday , 15 Aug 2019 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Geee razzonater we miss your mid week posts said no one ever whilst they were stuck at work....
Gee I'll just check seabreeze surf report on a Wednesday and see what the local wave pig has been up too was no ones thought ever....
Well fear no more my dear compadres I razzonater am so deeply involved in debt adult life and work that the mid week surf is but a dream for at least 6-12 months...
Rejoice my working class 8-5 brethren for I am one of you now , in my steel coffin driving to work each and every morning ,,, breathing in carbon monoxide whilst stuck in traffic ,,, I too am living the western Australian dream

please take this as a warning , if you are off work for a bit go and surf as much as you can

Oh Razz, I was just thinking today in the water that the best way to maximise the stoke of a good surf is to tell someone who couldn't make it out for a wave.
It was good. Very good. Lucky I was in the water, cause my board was on fire.

Buster fin
WA, 1926 posts
Thursday , 15 Aug 2019 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JulianRoss said..

Razzonater said..

Oh Razz, I was just thinking today in the water that the best way to maximise the stoke of a good surf is to tell someone who couldn't make it out for a wave.
It was good. Very good. Lucky I was in the water, cause my board was on fire.

Izzat right? It was awesome at my local today too, cause the dolphins appeared and smiled as they beckoned me onto wave of the day.

mocha1
WA, 796 posts
Thursday , 15 Aug 2019 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Going on weekday reports and wavecam pictures (when they don't have tech difficulties " I would suggest this winter has been very farkggging good.....however if you only get weekends then I'm in the very fgyarkin bad winter camp

Razzonater
1953 posts
Thursday , 15 Aug 2019 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

I'm going to pretend the comments don't hurt.......
Photos of this winter up until four weeks ago, south to north with a couple Maldives ones in there
id say it was a phenomenal winter

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie