Pterigyum had a big day out

thedrip
WA, 2162 posts
13 Feb 2020 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Sorry Raz ...on the upside that is potential post of the year comedy

Gas Bomb 7am this morning, boys were getting shacked, photo taken from about 2.5km away. I was looking for some grunt, decided on less grunt.

I got flogged yesterday.

MickPC
7011 posts
13 Feb 2020 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said..

Gas Bomb 7am this morning, boys were getting shacked, photo taken from about 2.5km away. I was looking for some grunt, decided on less grunt.

I got flogged yesterday.

Same, woke up with a very stiff neck today due to going over the falls on a couple of bombs after the wind kicked in...sore but stoked

Hope ya score Raz, share some pics when ya get back

thedrip
WA, 2162 posts
13 Feb 2020 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

thedrip said..

MickPC said..

I got flogged yesterday.

Same, woke up with a very stiff neck today due to going over the falls on a couple of bombs after the wind kicked in...sore but stoked

Hope ya score Raz, share some pics when ya get back

Aaah....see you are assuming I got flogged catching waves. I couldn't even get out and got flogged trying to get in after giving up.

MickPC
7011 posts
14 Feb 2020 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

lol I opted for the South side of gtown & the Nth kicked in pretty much as we got there & made the double ups next to the indicator rock a little tricky at times

Had a better surf Wed, surfed 3 diff spots, was very nice in the arvo when that strong offshore backed off.

thedrip
WA, 2162 posts
14 Feb 2020 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
lol I opted for the South side of gtown & the Nth kicked in pretty much as we got there & made the double ups next to the indicator rock a little tricky at times

Had a better surf Wed, surfed 3 diff spots, was very nice in the arvo when that strong offshore backed off.

Mmm...northerly double ups...sounds inviting you're lucky you didn't push a bit hard and get horseshoed into the ledge/rocks.

MickPC
7011 posts
14 Feb 2020 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

MickPC said..

Mmm...northerly double ups...sounds inviting you're lucky you didn't push a bit hard and get horseshoed into the ledge/rocks.

haha if I pushed harder I would have surfed Suicides or elsewhere before the wind kicked in...only had a 6'6 Boyd Purdy, so a little undergunned. But I got some great shots...I'll upload more soon

Souwester
WA, 990 posts
17 Feb 2020 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Huzzas stretch this morning - bloody big! We watched the kamikaze and pros wrangle North Point, some awesome surfing going down ??

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
17 Feb 2020 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Surely there were some bombs ridden along the metro coast. Would anybody like to share?

mocha1
WA, 819 posts
17 Feb 2020 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Went North but not too far
good fun, maybe too big and too West to be perfect but 100m rides were up for grabs when the waves cooperated.
Tomorrow and Wednesday could be exceptional further North

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
18 Feb 2020 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
Surely there were some bombs ridden along the metro coast. Would anybody like to share?

Got it.
I managed to get down early this arvo and it was a closeout bonanza. I managed to tag the lip but once and slapped my nuts on a dredging pit once to counter it. And I think I was doing better than most.

Razzonater
2044 posts
18 Feb 2020 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't take any day off work didn't go down south working all week
called Monday tuesday as good from last week
havent surfed "waves" for a few weeks
reckon a few spots would of been on fire over last two days
Thank you for asking how happy I am on a scale of one to ten.
It is very low maybe 1-1.5
Sometimes you don't realise what scoring waves actually means to you until you don't get them for a few weeks...........

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
18 Feb 2020 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Get down there Razz, you'll regret it.

jbshack
WA, 6861 posts
19 Feb 2020 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed yesterday arvo with about 40 of my favourite boogers..First surf since New years so was enjoyable, if not fleeting..

TimKay
726 posts
Sunday , 23 Feb 2020 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Close outs as far as the eye could see this morning
I saw one wave break ruler straight from Scarborough to Trigg
It was like Waikiki in Hawaii when everyone takes off together and goes straight
Fun times
4/10 from Swellnet

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
Sunday , 23 Feb 2020 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

5/10 now

GPA
WA, 2385 posts
Sunday , 23 Feb 2020 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Wouldn't know... could not park the car anywhere near the Trigg stretch. Did laps with many others for 40min then parked at the back of North Beach and walked down to Mettams to find the usual 'party wave' fiesta going on... boards going over each other etc... I'm feeling a touch dusty after a 40th last night so did not want to add to the chaos and risk getting a board in the head. SMOT packed, even First reef NB had a dozen on it... with a couple on Second Reef and Grabbers.

My Mrs thinks I'm getting too old and picky - today she is right!

TimKay
726 posts
Sunday , 23 Feb 2020 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
5/10 now

I think the numbering system is based on 1 point for every average meter/length of ride
A 5 out of ten would equate to about a 5 meter ride which sounds about right for this morning

jbshack
WA, 6861 posts
Sunday , 23 Feb 2020 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed nearly three hours yesterday locally. Slow, but not bad when the sets came in. Forced to share with 4 or 5 of us.

Then two and half hours today north of here on a rather decent sized bomb. Sadly i didn't do it justice but again was enjoyable..

Feeling rather sunburnt currently.

Zuke
889 posts
Monday , 24 Feb 2020 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Huey.

mocha1
WA, 819 posts
Monday , 24 Feb 2020 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Huey you f:;:;/;/ B~<><#~ P#%^
he had a lot of fun with me this weekend and today
Sunday: took a risk went north north, first 2 waves left and right good fun fast walls with good length of ride, then Huey said HAHAHAHA and turned off the waves, turned on the rips and swung the wind to an unfavourable SSE........well puck you Hueiiiiiiiiii....hot foot it back to a nearby crayfishing blowy catching Mecca......paddle the seaAks about a Km out to sea.....and caught some fun if not bumpy cross off shore long Wally right handers for 2 hrs ......time to go in paddle for a good looking right .... miss it....Hueiiiiiiiiii with an eye for fun sends four of the biggest waves of the day while I am in no mans land.......got mauled by the first, popped up, gasped some air and dived under into current city.....pop goes the leggy....I get pushed to bottom....get to the top....breathe....get flogged again.......pop up....Hueiiiiiii by now is wetting himself with mirth....had to swim back to seaAk....where as luck would have it Hueiiiiii had washed my board to within 5m
Stay at Blowie crayfish Mecca with 4cast NE light winds in morning
Hueiiiiiiii has other ideas paddle SeaAck (fkukcfgd I hate paddling - kills my hips) set anchor begin to paddle and early morning zephyr become SE monster.....stick with it for an hour getting blown off the tops of waves, occasionally making it on to very bumpy but long walls...the 3 "good" ones would rate 4/10.....get a long long long one (5/10) that actually allowed turns and lip action...decide to ride it as far as poss to the SeaAk.....all good Hueiiiii you ...paddle in (did I mention I hate ****ngi paddling...kills me hips) pack up clean up get on the highway as have dental appt at 1pm......SEEMS HUEIIIIIIII has not quite finished!!!! Get phone all from Dentist...cancelled, get phone all from mate back at cray/Blowie Mecca....wind has swung back to the east
FkuKgIn Hueiiiiiiiiiii later txt confirms long smooth walls and barrels and FREE RIDE out in bloody boat

do stuff decide to go Trigg Point Packed...ok little runner in very pleasant conditions until..........HUEIIIIIIIII summons strong South wind !!!!!

Congratulations oh God of waves and wind, well played sir, well played

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
Monday , 24 Feb 2020 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^Ha hahahahahaaa

At least ya got wet!

Zuke, you beauty!!

Zuke
889 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

So mocha1 to summarise , you had an overnight surf trip consisting of four sessions at three different spots. Two of which were at a proper good spot. Razz would kill for that right now!

Razzonater
2044 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Good work all

on Saturday I surfed an old haunt up the coast and off an island
hadnt surfed it for some time, at least 4-6 months it was as good as I remember maybe better, even got a legit couple tubes, not head dips but actual multiple sections.
I knew I'd scored waves as on Sunday me mate who was supposed to come and surf it with the boys said trigg is pumping and sent a pic, I laughed he said nah it's actually ok and I realised I got kissed on the peee pee on Saturday by Huey

One note is how fast fitness fades being out of the water and not surfing real waves in "four weeks" after two hours in good to reasonably good waves I was wrecked

MickPC
7011 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like Nth was the go...I surfed very small he who parted the waters Fri & strong offshore lumpy bumps Yalls Sat...highlight was Dunsborough Chinese, best special fried rice I know of in WA & Frenzal Rhomb playing Hotter than Hell

I guess I surfed yest, but have trouble classifying anything as being waves

smicko
WA, 2498 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Haven't surfed since the 8th January, Huey can gargle my hairy nutsack.

Buster fin
WA, 2035 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
Haven't surfed since the 8th January, Huey can gargle my hairy nutsack.

There's a mental picture.

JESUSGUS
WA, 113 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Paddled the rotto swim on the weekend so didn't surf. Woke up a bit dusty on Sunday morning. I'm imagining there would Have been a few nice waves around the place.

Hows the the all day off shores atm

smicko
WA, 2498 posts
Tuesday , 25 Feb 2020 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

During the working week?

Yeah. Great.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie